SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i picked up a whole set of used perelli neros and had them balanced today, turns out one of the rims has a bend in it. it was placed on the rears for now but my question is should i look into getting it fixed or replacing it? a new rims gonna cost 200$ does any oneone have experience with getting bent rims fixed.

secondly one of my center caps was lost, the ones on still measure 2.5" across can i order some 2.5" vovlo logo'd ones or is there something special i need to look for as far as fitment? ive never messed with center caps before i just wanna make sure theres not a specific tip or anything.

please and thank you.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I hit a really bad pot hole in my audi and messed up 2 rims really bad. One was an instant blow out with a cracked rim and the other had a flat spot between the spokes. I had the cracked one fixed for 100 and the bent one fixed for 50 at the tire shop I go to. It was worth it to me. I started running steelies in the winter. Those they can torch and bang out for 25 bucks but the alloys had to be sent away. I never had a problem with those alloys again though, so it's really up to you. It took them 4 or 5 days to get them done but I had a full size spare so it wasn't a big deal

As for center caps the s40 we have was missing one so I ordered one on ebay for like 5 bucks used. I think they're all the same size. Someone with more experience can correct me if I'm wrong, but you can look up compatibility with vehicles on FCP or something if they sell them.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice one that sounds more appropriate, I need to fix the curb rash and get them dipped as well so that'll be the mission for tomorrow.

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Yup, modern Volvo center caps are all the same size.
Wheel repair is tricky, it all depends on the shop & what you what to spend. I would recommend getting online with your local car guys, autocross group, etc. & ask who does good work. Like Ou said, it can be done cheap. I assume just the inner lip is bent. You could have it knocked out quickly for cheap & hit it with some rattle can paint. May not look pretty but it's on the inside & the wheel runs true. If you want the full treatment, straighten, rash repair, proper refinish it's going to cost. There seems to be only one shop in this area that does a truly quality job & your total will generally come to about $150.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts