SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am getting ready to pick up (finally!), and am traveling to Amsterdam and Paris. I am wondering about cell phones, seems that a different technology is used there. I have a iphone with verizon, anyone have some sage advise for me? Can I use it over there? Thanks......

·
Registered
107 Posts
Am getting ready to pick up (finally!), and am traveling to Amsterdam and Paris. I am wondering about cell phones, seems that a different technology is used there. I have a iphone with verizon, anyone have some sage advise for me? Can I use it over there? Thanks......
In Europe you need a phone with GSM technology. The Apple 4S is a global phone with GSM technology, but I believe the 4 isn't. If you don't have a 4S you can explore alternatives. We bought a GSM capable "unlocked" phone for 40 dollars and purchase a SIM card with minutes from GOSIM. Check out their website for the details. They are reliable and inexpensive. We use the phone primarily for emergencies and to keep in touch with family back home.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Good info...........thanks Deb.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I wonder if this is the same in Sweden?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Are you wanting to use the phone to make phone calls? IF SO, you need a sim card for each country you plan to use the phone otherwise you will pay roaming charges. If you want to use it for wifi; then it should work anywhere you can get wifi.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I used an iPhone4 in sweden & the Uk with no problems. To reduce my bill I bought advance minutes for Europe from my carrier. make sure you turn off roaming on your iPhone as it will be crazy expensive. The Hotel in Gothenburg has free wifi so while you are there take advange of this for emails etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts