SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Looking for a good cell phone mount. I have an iPhone 8 at the moment, not really looking to mount something big. I checked out pro clips. Anyone else want to share other options they've installed or use?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check the thread I started a couple weeks back. There was a couple good options. I plan on a mount install at the front of the cup holder as seen in that thread. I have high mounts now and was going that route but when someone pointed out why with CarPlay i started th think the same-with CarPlay I won’t use it.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
What you could do is simply run your 3 meter cable out of your console compartment toward the front, tuck it under the leather and bring it out just above the small compartment under the screen. Its invisible, free and works great when you use car play. At least thats what i do.

·
Registered
994 Posts
ProClip is awesome! I have 2 in my XC90 and one in my S60. Pricey but excellent. I attach magnetic mounts on top of the ProClips, but you can use whatever you prefer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Does your phone get hot like mine when in use? I chose a vent mount for this reason alone.

Weathertech has that new cup mount for $40....generic ones on Amazon for half.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I really wanted a clean, "cordless" look for a vent-mounted magnetic wireless "fast" (10W) charger. A separately purchased thin diameter USB power cable was routed through the steering wheel gap to a cavity underneath the Sensus system (accessible by just moving the floor carpet), which has a car charger tapped into the right front fusebox via a tap-a-fuse. The USB cable was held in place using "heavy-duty" double-sided black tape attached only to plastic surfaces, not the leather nor wood out of fear the double-sided tape would be very difficult to remove or cause damage in the future.
I gave up on Android Auto (too small and horrible controls on Sensus IMO) but use the phone instead until Volvo retrofits Sensus with Android or, if they don't, I replace Sensus with a ROIK navigation box.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts