SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a recommendation on a good cell phone holder( IPhone XS w/ battery pack) so I can see Waze navigtion instructions. The ones you place on the vent put too much stress on the vent louvers and the unit w/ suction cup on the glass eventually falls. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have owned a number of the iOttie mounts over the years in multiple vehicles. The suction cup is actually a removable adhesive and will absolutely not come off the windshield. In my XC70 I have the CD mount model because the main display makes windshield mounting less than optimal. Also works great. Very secure and the quick release mechanism both types use for holding the phone works great.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=iottie+c...QZPI&sprefix=iotti,aps,140&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_5

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I had a gel base that melted onto my dash when we went to Virginia in the summer. I had my windshield cover on at the time too. It scares me to find this mess on the dash or the windshield.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Pro-Clip. This is by far and away the best cell phone mount. I had it in my '07 XC 70 and put it in my 2015 XC 70. Low profile, very sturdy and durable. Totally worth the price.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. Will be buying the Proclip angled mount with the iPhone XS phone holder w/lightning cable connector.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts