SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the general FWD/AWD section but didn't get any answers so am reposting it here among my XC60 peeps in hopes of getting some input. Or, I may be the only one on this board without a smart phone. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

I am looking to replace my cell phone and want to buy one that is compatible with my car, as opposed to the one I have now.

My current phone (Samsung Alias II) will make calls thru Bluetooth but will not answer them. It allows me to "pickup" the call thru it, but neither party can hear the other speaking. I can call them right back without a problem tho. After multiple visits with the service department, it was determined that the problem lies with my phone.

I am one of the few people out there that does not want/need a smart phone. So.... I thought I would ask you all what basic phones seem to work with Sensus, and which ones to stay away from. FWIW, I have the latest Sensus updates installed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Just out of curiosity, have you tried erasing the pairing from both the bluetooth receiver and your phone and then pairing again? That is a relatively common problem on the Alias II.

Mark's link should help you with the Sensus compatibility issue!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
It might be you are not getting enough replies because most people nowadays seem to be going more and more towards smartphones. Not sure if you would be willing to try Android. I have an HTC Evo 4G LTE (Sprint) and it works beautifully with Sensus, not just as a phone (call, pick up, hang up, phonebook, pausing music when you get an incoming call, etc), but also to play music via Bluetooth. I have successfully paired both an Evo 3D and an original Evo 4G as well, with excellent results. I would imagine iPhones should work as well but I have not tried them since my household is all Android. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
It might be you are not getting enough replies because most people nowadays seem to be going more and more towards smartphones. Not sure if you would be willing to try Android. I have an HTC Evo 4G LTE (Sprint) and it works beautifully with Sensus, not just as a phone (call, pick up, hang up, phonebook, pausing music when you get an incoming call, etc), but also to play music via Bluetooth. I have successfully paired both an Evo 3D and an original Evo 4G as well, with excellent results. I would imagine iPhones should work as well but I have not tried them since my household is all Android. Good luck!
Agree I have the Evo 4g LTE and its great, can also stream Pandora, Slacker or Spotifi via Bluetooth

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I knew my peeps wouldn't let me down! Matt, I (or I should say, they) have tried erasing and then repairing a couple of times. But, Mark, I did NOT know of that page and will check it out straight away! Thank you!

My husband has a droid and it works perfectly with the car. My issue is that I really prefer to text with actual keys, so that takes precedence over the blue tooth issues in my car. That said, I am hoping for a phone that fills both those needs.

thanks to all for your input!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts