SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't seem to get rid of CEL code P0089. Replace the pressure sensor on the end of the fuel rail, but error remains. Sometimes it will stay away for a drive or two, but always seems to come back. Randomly, the fuel pressure will spike in the ECM reading up 10 psi or so at idle, but the manual gauge stays constant (which is why I thought it would be the sensor). Not sure where to turn now...filter, pump, leak somewhere??? Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Check the connector lines to the fuel filter. On my car I had the same problem, so I decided to put on a new fuel filter and the code went away for a week ... then came back. "What the hell ... why?" So I surmised the quick release connectors move around possibly causing a minor fuel pressure fluctuation so I wrapped the fuel filter with a cut rubber hose (old 3/8" fuel line hose) and each side of the connections and secured the hose with plastic ties. The connectors are snug, problem solved. No more bloody P0089 code.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
kfroton, what year and engine is?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update - turned out to be the fuel pump. Not too uncommon for the 2006 2.5T from what I have read. Replaced the pump and the code has been gone for a few weeks now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts