SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the gas cap and cleared it but it comes back, ive been driving on a gas light for a while kinda short on cash heh, would this have something to do with it? Once in a while ill get a, "gas cap loose" message.

Have to fix it emissions wont pass me :/

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I replaced the gas cap and cleared it but it comes back, ive been driving on a gas light for a while kinda short on cash heh, would this have something to do with it? Once in a while ill get a, "gas cap loose" message.

Have to fix it emissions wont pass me :/
VOLVO extended the warranty of the ECU software to cover this code (there are other codes covered as well). Go to your dealer and tell him about VOLVO extended warranty program P45. You should receive a software update to fix this CEL. ECU Warranty is for 10years or 120000 miles, whichever comes first.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
^^^ Would this be the same update that fixes the trip computer resetting every 600 miles? Any downsides to the upgrade?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
^^^ Would this be the same update that fixes the trip computer resetting every 600 miles? Any downsides to the upgrade?
different update. That trip issue is an old one, one that came with some early 04's (mine had that trip computer problem too). No downsides to the P45 update at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts