2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I currently am getting CEL codes:
P0111 Intake Air Sensor 1 Circuit Malfunction
P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire
P0301 Cylinder 1 Misfire
P0303 Cylinder 3 Misfire

I just had a mechanic replace a large chunk of vacuum hose that had a leak. It drove great after that. Then I sped the engine up to about 4000 RPMs and the CEL blinked 10 times. I continued to drive home and it continued to randomly blink and finally stay on. You can feel the engine running rough. I just replaced all of the spark plugs as well.

Any thoughts on causes?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello all,

I currently am getting CEL codes:
P0111 Intake Air Sensor 1 Circuit Malfunction
P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire
P0301 Cylinder 1 Misfire
P0303 Cylinder 3 Misfire

I just had a mechanic replace a large chunk of vacuum hose that had a leak. It drove great after that. Then I sped the engine up to about 4000 RPMs and the CEL blinked 10 times. I continued to drive home and it continued to randomly blink and finally stay on. You can feel the engine running rough. I just replaced all of the spark plugs as well.

Any thoughts on causes?
Sounds like one (or less likely more than one) of your coils failed. Find and replace the failed coil(s) and all should be well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I switched the could from the ones without codes and still the same cylinders we're triggered as misfires. I also switched the plugs around but now only cylinder 1 shows a misfires. I read somewhere that this may be a ground issue. Does anyone have any thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts