SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got the CEIKA parts I needed to install the rear BBK from the XR - spacers, bolts & levers for the C30 eBrake setup vs. my V70 setup. Already have the fronts in place

Many, Many thanks to Kissinger on C30Crew for his pics of the CEIKA setup on his C30 - Helped immensely with installing the lever & cable bracket in the correct orientation

brackets & eBrake mechanism

Hoses they provided were too long, so I used the ones from the V70 (R1405008)

cable & hose routing - I used the little hose support they provide to locate the hose on the outside of the original bracket, and used the original to route the cable without any harsh angle changes

Didn't get done until 7pm, and it's 30ºF outside, so I still need to rebleed the brakes - pedal feels soft to me, so I'll take car of that tomorrow after work.

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Looking very good!!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I see that all of your cash for new windows and doors for the house clearly went into the brake setup instead! :)
Thanks, Chris. I'm happy with them.

Outside daylight pics

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I have been experiencing an issue when the temp drops below freezing where there developed a nasty vibration/resonance at highway speeds during the first drive of the day. I did the right engine mount, and that cured part of the vibration, but what happened this morning clarified that the main problem was in fact the rear brakes. I released the handbrake, and had to break the pads free by jerking the car forward - felt like it was literally frozen - There was ice all over the car, so I just figured moisture had frozen the pads to the rotor. Anyhow, after driving a couple of miles I realized that it was holding back & when I lifted off the throttle the car slowed down dramatically. I jabbed the brake pedal a few times, pulled up on the eBrake a couple times, and it seemed to free up.

When I got home I pulled the rears apart, and basically, the inner pads have not moved. They were stuck solid in the caliper. It seems that when they installed them (the calipers come loaded) they were just jammed in there & not checked for free movement. It did not occur to me to check this at the time.

The outer pads have worn, the inners not at all. This would also explain the slightly funky pedal feel after I installed them, and the eBrake not holding very well unless yanked pretty darn hard.

I've contacted them to get the equivalency pad numbers so I can locate a replacement set ASAP. I filed the outer edge of all 4 pads to make sure they could move in/out on the slider contact area, and applied paste to all four - they install them bone dry.

AP Racing CP2340D40
AP Racing CP2340D38
AP Racing CP2340D43
ALCON 1749
HAWK HB-107
FERODO FRP3091

1 - 9 of 9 Posts