SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Volvo V50 T5 AWD M66
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously I have a T5 AWD. I'm looking to redo my suspension this summer. I saw that Ceika does custom coilovers for the S40 FWD and AWD. Unfortunately I only say "V50" with no FWD or AWD information. I emailed them asking if they had coils that fit the V50, they said FWD coils would fit even though they are longer. I know the spring rates and dampening are different for AWD, but is the shock mounting different as to where it won't physically fit? Or should I order S40 AWD coilovers and ask for them to be stiffened for the V50 booty weight? Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 Volvo V50 T5 AWD M66
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're made to custom spring and shock rates they would be capable of holding the extra weight. I just want to know if the mounting is the same between FWD and AWD.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
They're made to custom spring and shock rates they would be capable of holding the extra weight. I just want to know if the mounting is the same between FWD and AWD.
Travman on C30Crew used his C30 CEIKA "coilover" kits when he converted to AWD, so clearly they work. You will need those adjustable (camber?) arms to go with it all.

The upper shock mount is NOT interchangeable. You have to keep the AWD factory mount, as far as I'm aware. Since that's not part of the 'kit' it shouldn't make any difference. The rears are not true coilover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts