SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 3 disc in dash cd player and it doesnt work. It just contantly loads the cds and never plays them. I was thinking that maybe the lense needs to be cleaned. Hoping it was as easy as qtip/rubbing alcohol. Anyone ever had this problem? thanks<br>Brian

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: CD player not working (C70drvr)

Im using store bought cds.. Ive heard that burned cds wont work even in a functioning player

·
Registered
136 Posts
Some burned cd brands work better than others. Some don't play at all.<p>Is there any error code displayed with your store bought cd's?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Re: CD player not working (MJRM2384)

I had the same problem with the SC-901 radio in my car when I bought it last July: CD's would just cycle endlessly but never play. Unfortunately, in my case, it meant a whole new radio/CD player. I suspect you are going to need to do the same. <p>The bad news: Volvo wants $1,200+ for a new SC-901.<br>The good news: you can get a used one with a 1 year warranty (with exchange of your old radio I believe) for around $250. <p>I got mine from a local dealer that does this, but Erie Volvo has a similiar program I believe If you do not have success with them, I can dig out the receipt and let you know which dealer I got mine from (the used car dealer I bought it from handled the transaction).<p>Good luck!<br>Gordon

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: CD player not working (slackjawed)

Gordon thats my exact problem..which sucks. did you try cleaning it at all or does that have nothing to do with the problem? thanks for your help guys

·
Registered
85 Posts
Re: CD player not working (MJRM2384)

You can try cleaning it, but that had no effect on mine. It was simply broken.<p>Here's the link to Erie Vovo's search page:<br><A HREF="http://www.erievovo.com/usedparts.htm" TARGET="_blank">http://www.erievovo.com/usedparts.htm</A><p>I don't know which model radio you have, but they have one SC-901 in stock for $325 and two SC-900's also for $325. The SC-816, which is a single disc radio is $275.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts