SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CD’s are getting an ERROR when installed, the real problem is that I can’t get them out of the player. Is this a common issue with these factory head units ?? It just started doing this. Is it just plain old worn out?

2002 S60 AWD

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
My HU 803 started doing this a few months ago, I haven't found a fix and have done a lot of searching.

There are a few companies that fix these headunits, but I'd rather just get a used blupower unit from someone instead.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GEEZ that's 3 strikes today alone. is nothing FIXABLE on these cars ?. LOL

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx, I'll wear my cup ! LOL

actually I'll just avoid the CD player i guess, but I'm getting my new Foreigner Cd outta that thing one way or another. crossy

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I don't know what kind of headunit you have but I have a nearly new HU-650 I removed from my XC about 5 years ago if you are interested in buying one. Also as for the CD in my old S70 I took the face off and was able to grab my CD back, not sure if that will work for you though! lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah i had the same problem, the head unit would just display error and i couldn't eject CDs or anything, also the button commands got all jumbled and started executing different commands. I thought it might be a reset problem, i tried everything to no avail, those head units just crap out after a while. I picked up a new one at a junk yard for i think 90$. The thing is once you replace your original head unit, you will loose your steering wheel controls for volume and track change, also some of the lights for the buttons on the display wont work either. You have to get Volvo to reprogram your computer to recognize the new head unit which i believe costs around 175$. I haven't done it yet, but also maybe its just me but i think the system sounds different too, I'm no stereo expert but i thought it sounded better with the original head unit, this maybe someone has the answer to that, it could have something to do with the fact that the computer needs to recognize it, maybe its not distributing the right voltage to the speakers idk...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts