SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

CD player acting up in a wierd way...

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Veefifty T5AWD 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 with the premium audio...

My CD player has acted up about 5 times in the last week. I'll have a CD going and it will just stop out of nowhere, like a freeze. If I try to skip tracks, it'll stay at 0:00. The crazy part is if I switch to another CD or go to FM and go back to CD after a few minutes, it'll work just fine again. Has anyone else experienced this quirky issue?

The first time it happened was about a week ago. Here in Louisiana, it's been a long drought and it's been painfully hot. My car has read up to 112 during the peak of the day. The reason I say that is because it's only happened while driving on lunch break or after work when it's still hot out. It's never happened at night or in the morning. Is it possible the high temps are messing with the CD player?

#3 ·
Yea this happens to me every now and then. Mixtapes from iTunes dont work right away and sometimes regular store bought CDs dont work. I dont think its the temperature at all, this also happens in my buddies s60. It sucks but im not sure there is anything you can do about it. You can try removing the CD and putting it back in...

#4 ·
Re: (GetDown)

Quote, originally posted by GetDown »
Yea this happens to me every now and then. Mixtapes from iTunes dont work right away and sometimes regular store bought CDs dont work. I dont think its the temperature at all, this also happens in my buddies s60. It sucks but im not sure there is anything you can do about it. You can try removing the CD and putting it back in...

+1

#5 ·
Re: CD player acting up in a wierd way... (40 Rouge)

Either the way you burn the discs is weird, or the Baton Rouge heat is getting to your car.

Sometimes, my temp gauge reads 98 to 100, sitting under my carport (not in direct sunlight)

I say try the CD player with a store bought disc and see how things go.

#6 ·
Re: CD player acting up in a wierd way... (vivek9856)

it did it again, this time with an actual CD, not a burned one. Again, in the afternoon when the car was FREAKING HOT.

I found that once the music freezes, I can hurry and fast forward the track a few seconds and it'll keep working like normal.

It's frustrating. I'll let the dealership check it out in a few weeks during my normal service.

#7 ·
Mine's been weird too. Just yesterday I got the "cd paused" message, no sound, when switching to radio, no sound. Turned car off and on a couple times, finally worked. Will call dealer to have a software upgrade done under warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.