SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a cd changer into my S40, but the dealer wants 850 dollars for it. IS there a cheaper place to buy/install it. Can anyone tell me who really makes the cd changer and how much i can get it for? Thanks

·
Registered
477 Posts
I asked this question about 3 weeks ago. The Volvo cd changer is by Alpine. The compatible cd changer to work is the Alpine CHM-S620. They range about $250-300, and I believe you need an adapter for it, which will run for another $50. I'm still considering in buying one for myself when I get the money. For installation can be done by yourself, if your car is pre-wired for the cd-changer, just install the mountings and hook the adapter between the connection of your cd changer and the wire in the trunk. I don't know about cars without the pre-wire, maybe someone else can fill in that part.<P>

·
Registered
477 Posts
The CHM-S630 also works, since it's a newer unit

·
Registered
53 Posts
And you are sure these work with the 2001 and newer x40's ? I have only heard of alpine units working with the phase1 x40's so far (2000 and older). It would be nice to be able to get a bit cheaper changer for the newer models.<BR>

·
Registered
477 Posts
I had a radio shop look at it and he said an alpine. Good Guys have the CHM-S630, so you can take it there and ask them yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts