SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an OEM changer from a '93 850 (model 9166800-4969). I would like to install it in a '94 960 with the sc810 head unit. They both have an 8-pin DIN connector in common and the 960 has the cable already routed to the trunk. My only problem is that the changer also has what looks like a powersupply plug also. I didn't see the 850 so I don't know if it was used or not. I tried the hookup with just the DIN and nothing happened - zippo. Pressed CD button on the HU and nothing. Does anyone know what I need to do? Is there a power supply in the 960 trunk that I can afford to splice and run to the cd changer?

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
there is a trigger wire that runs along that loom. and also there should be a wire for power and earth on the stacker. the power can come from anywere. the trigger wire has to be hooked to the HU.<P>michael<P>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Michael.<BR>Please forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by trigger wire? I understand about the power, I'm sure I can find a source for that. Is the trigger wire one of the pins in the DIN?<BR>Just to clarify my understanding - I've got one 8-pin DIN comming from the SC-810 HU. I've got one 8-pin DIN on the changer. And I've got one two wire plug that seems to be power and ground, also on the changer.<BR>Thanks again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: (zaphodtheprez)

Bit late I know but only just joined.<br>Does your 8 way mini?DIN pinout look like this<br>. . .<br>. . .<br> . .<p>or <br> .<br> . .<br> . .<br> . .<br> .<p>If it is the first you you let me know what the pinout goes like.<br>On mine the 2 pin power sits between the main feed to the electric antenna (green and black wires)<br>Many thanks<br>Tony<br>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts