SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2016 XC90 T6 Momentum Plus
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my Momentum Plus with Convenience, Vision, and the Bowers & Wilkins audio upgrade at the OSD Gothenburg site in early October.

I finally took delivery from my local dealer in Baltimore this week.

As I'm getting acquainted with the vehicle (and understanding that the audio CD is going the way of the 8-track) I went searching for the CD changer last evening and couldn't find it. I understand that it should be in the center covered console/armrest, and I thought a CD changer was part of the B&W upgrade, but it's MIA.

I've reached out to my dealer and awaiting their response, but thought this post might give me a quicker answer.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I picked up my Momentum Plus with Convenience, Vision, and the Bowers & Wilkins audio upgrade at the OSD Gothenburg site in early October.

I finally took delivery from my local dealer in Baltimore this week.

As I'm getting acquainted with the vehicle (and understanding that the audio CD is going the way of the 8-track) I went searching for the CD changer last evening and couldn't find it. I understand that it should be in the center covered console/armrest, and I thought a CD changer was part of the B&W upgrade, but it's MIA.

I've reached out to my dealer and awaiting their response, but thought this post might give me a quicker answer.

Any thoughts?
If I recall correctly, when you ordered OSD the CD player was a separate option on the list with that method so it wasn't automatically thrown in with the B&W sound system. Also, the CD player they do give you if you specified it or got it with an FE is not a "changer" -- just a single CD player. You were looking in the right place in any event.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew I misspoke when I said "changer" - just using the familiar phrase as it is a single-CD player - but I was unaware that the CD needed to be purposely stipulated in OSD orders for XC90s that included the B&W upgrade.

I'll be interested to see what my dealer says.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I knew I misspoke when I said "changer" - just using the familiar phrase as it is a single-CD player - but I was unaware that the CD needed to be purposely stipulated in OSD orders for XC90s that included the B&W upgrade.

I'll be interested to see what my dealer says.
I looked just now and while it is two separate codes and while you can separately order the CD player with OSD, it looks like it is supposed to be bundled if you order the B&W system. So you should definitely follow-up with your dealer because you paid for it. This is a link to the PDF provided on the Volvo North American site:

http://assets.volvocars.com/us/~/me...icelists/volvo-osd-allnew-xc90-pricing-v7.pdf

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After receiving your initial response, Citivas, I did just what you did - hit the OSD site - and grabbed screen shots of the site advertising the B&W as including the CD player. I shot off an inquiry to Volvo North America (I'm an inpatient guy on some things) and included the screen shots.

The Service Manager at the dealership (who I reached out to when my salesperson didn't respond) just replied, "No more cd players." Not good enough.

I do have a compromise in mind for Volvo to consider.

Thanks for digging deeper on this. I wonder if others have encountered the same MIA player.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
We'll since you paid for it according to Volvo's own OSD order form, and since they still have it on their order form, at the very least they owe you something, whether it's a CD player, credit (price of the CD player if ordered separately on the space is $150 BTW) or some other product or service. If they didn't give you CarPlay included, perhaps they should comp that.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
The Bowers & Wilkins Sound System for early Overseas Delivery XC90 orders was $2,500 and did not include a CD player.

Later orders of the Bowers & Wilkins Sound System for Overseas Delivery XC90 orders have been $2,650 and include a CD player.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'd love to give you mine. Didn't want it, was told there was no option, takes all my center console space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The Bowers & Wilkins Sound System for early Overseas Delivery XC90 orders was $2,500 and did not include a CD player.

Later orders of the Bowers & Wilkins Sound System for Overseas Delivery XC90 orders have been $2,650 and include a CD player.
That explains why I recall it being separate but when I looked at the order form now it was bundled.

·
Registered
478 Posts
There's also no room for it in a T8, so I would hope the B&W is a little cheaper on that config. I think I paid $2500, but I'd have to check my paperwork.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would have paid extra for NO CD player. It takes up the only storage bin and I will never use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I paid the $2,500 when I ordered last Feb., realize that CDs are the new 8-Track (obsolete), and realize that storage space in the center console is a valuable commodity so if the dealer or Volvo NA wants to trade extended On-Call for the CD unit, I would certainly settle for that.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I ordered my XC90 in late March with the B&W sound system. I ordered it without the CD player, but was then told that I had to get it as part of the B&W bundle. I will never use the CD player and would have much preferred the extra space in the center console.

·
Registered
48 Posts

Yep this is correct. I paid 2650 and the cd played is included thru OSD.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts