SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an SC-901 head unit, and the trunk is pre-wired for a CD changer, but the wire in the trunk has an 8 pin connector on it that doesn't fit my CD changer. (It's an Apline changer, not Volvo)<p>The 8 pin in the trunk looks like a male mini 8 pin DIN connector, but it is just a little bit bigger. I have heard that it may be a proprietary Volvo connector.<p>But Alpine makes these connectors, right?<br>So maybe I can get one from Alpine?<p>I need a gender changer for the male 8 pin in the trunk, or else 2 female connectors that I can make my own adapter with.<br>Any ideas?<p>(PS: I already have the factory integrator to make the changer work with the Volvo head unit, but the factory integrator also has this odd 8 pin male on it - it's meant to plug right in to the head unit).

·
Registered
194 Posts
Re: CD Changer 8 pin connector - where to get female one? (Paul L)

The connector is a so called Mini-DIN, sometimes referred to as a Hosiden connector. As with the ordinary DIN connectors there are a variety of types with different number of pins. One of the more commanly known is the four-pin type that is used for S-video (S-VHS) in home A/V equipment like DVD players, A/V receivers, S-VHS decks etc. You should be able to find both male and female versions at the same place as you find other connectors of this type.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: CD Changer 8 pin connector - where to get female one? (Audioguy)

The 8 pin mini-DINs that I have found are almost the same, but they are just a bit smaller.<p>Macintosh computers, for instance, use 8 pin mini DINs for their serial connectors, but they are of the smaller size.<p>I don't think these are true mini DINs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts