SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a source other than Volvo (since my local Volvo charges ridiculous prices for parts) for the CCM bulbs? I have searched and found out they are T4 neo wedge, but the threads I found pertain to people who have switched over to LED and/or changed the color of the bulbs. I prefer to stick with the factory color and bulb to match the rest of the car. I'm colorblind, and was hoping someone could tell me what color I need to purchase. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are not the same bulbs. The ones listed in that link are smaller than the ones on my CCM. I'll report back if I figure something out.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Anyone have a source other than Volvo (since my local Volvo charges ridiculous prices for parts) for the CCM bulbs? I have searched and found out they are T4 neo wedge, but the threads I found pertain to people who have switched over to LED and/or changed the color of the bulbs. I prefer to stick with the factory color and bulb to match the rest of the car. I'm colorblind, and was hoping someone could tell me what color I need to purchase. Thanks.
Try http://autolumination.com/74.htm

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
They are not the same bulbs. The ones listed in that link are smaller than the ones on my CCM. I'll report back if I figure something out.
T5/T4 they the same bulb just different BASE

when you go buy these bulbs at radio shack. you take the bulb out of the base/holder

the radio shack bulbs are the raw bulb with the two leads coming out of the glass.

the bulbs in your CCM will come out of the base too, if you look closely when you get them out. You will see the leads are just threaded thru the base/holder then twisted around the base/holder.

trust me, I know what i am talking about with these things. i have done a ton of them on my 03 xc90, 01 c70, 98 v70, 99 xc70, 94 855t, 95 850, 97 850R, 95 855T, 05 V70R, 98 S70, 93 850, 00 C70 <---these cars were all mine at one point or another and last one is my friends 02 xc70

radio shack is $1.29 for two bulbs, honda dealer wants $8 each, volvo wants $15 each. so you see why i opted to make them work with radio shack bulbs :)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I used the ones from the CCM bulb change DIY page that's stickied. They were very cheap 5 for $7 shipped and look the same. I'd give you the link, but I'm on my phone. It's in the Repair/Mod Index.

·
Registered
99 Posts
got those bulbs from radio shack they are little smaller but works fine but has a little color diff. i might try some led bulbs from radio shack and try

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The radio shack bulbs are too small for the rubber cover to fit on them. Without the cover the color will be different.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Autolumination FTW

They sell incandescent versions of all their bulbs. Scroll down about half way down this linked page to find them. They are $1.99 a piece but come with the base already attached. They are just plug and play. Although the website looks sketchy, I have done many deals with them and have good customer service. The sleeve will fit on these bulbs because they are the exact same size as the ones that came out. They also sell their own different colored sleeves at the bottom of that page if you want to give them a different color hue.

those are not the right kind of bulbs. those are mostly for the cluster bulbs. CCM and radios take a t5 style bulb
I can't say for sure if this is wrong or right but I used the bulbs from autolumination for the CCM on my old 850 without problems or clearance issues. They also have T5 style bulbs is this is what you need. Measure the base of your bulb (in mm) and match up to the chart on autoluminations site. T3 is 8mm base, T4 is 10 mm base, T5 is 11.9 mm base. If you order the right bubs, I wouldn't think you would have a problem since there is a standard for sizing these bulbs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts