SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have their Sirius subscription end suddenly last night? Mine seemed to last EXACTLY 16 months into my 24 month subscription. Volvo support via email claims only that there is a "trial period." My understanding was that this was supposed to be included along with Volvo On Call and other "digital services" but perhaps I'm not remembering.

While I understand not everything can be included, when stuff like this happens it just continues to shatter the illusion of the one price, just put gas in it and go philosophy, it adds friction to the user experience.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was about to post this exact same thing. I was under the impression that XM radio was a 6 months trial and may be they just forgot to cancel mine :).

·
Registered
369 Posts
I suspect just like with other auto mfgrs I’m familiar with, SirusXM handles everything related to their trial (they handle billing direct if you enable the trial and full service), so concerns should probably be directed to the right place. I’ve never personally had great experience with SiriusXM customer service, but didn’t hold that against the other auto mfgrs when I enabled SiriusXM trial on their cars I purchased. ;)

I posted somewhere around here recently trying to help another guy who wondered why he was getting free SiriusXM past the trial period... My response was I found two different references in online Volvo FAQs when researching my new XC60 a couple months ago — one saying the SiriusXM trial was 6mo, and another only 3mo — but I didn’t walk away with any perception it was free with VOC for the 4-years that would be given to me by Volvo as part of my new car purchase. I did suggest with his extra long free SiriusXM trial he had received likely in-error, that he should probably just be happy and remain quiet as long as it lasts. While I’ve tried SiriusXM a couple times over the years, both times it automatically ended soon after I called and cancelled so the trial didn’t convert to pay-for (actually after my car went out of the garage, and I suspect some automatic check between the XM radio and their satellite took place.) OTOH, over on the Lexus forums I used to frequent, there were people who had different experiences than me, and some like you with trials that seemed to last longer, and then all-of-a-sudden got turned-off out-of-the blue. I just think SiriusXM’s mgmt of the free trial process is a bit messed-up, and some folks like you received more than was likely intended.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts