SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to see if anyone else who subscribed early on has been contacted by Concierge recently. Over the weekend, I got an email asking if I would like to upgrade my current model to a 2020 model. The email said that because I was an early adopter, I could get special pricing on the XC40 2020 Momentum and R-Design. I did a quick comparison of what my current Momentum has vs. what is offered currently and there are a lot of safety and convenience options that are no longer a part of the Momentum series subscription. They were offering to carry my rate through to the new subscription, but it doesn't make sense. Seems almost like a downgrade to me while paying the same rate. Anyone else get this email - thoughts?

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Maybe ask them if possible to keep the subscription on your current car, with less payment? It makes sense to have the same car if new car is not better.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What were the options left off the CbV 2020 Momentum?
By my quick review: pilot assist, front and rear park assist, keyless entry, homelink, wireless charging, power passenger seat, BLIS and rear collision avoidance. I could have missed others or misinterpreted some renamed options, but it seems that it is pretty substantial. I think these are all included in the RD subscription, though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wanted to see if anyone else who subscribed early on has been contacted by Concierge recently. Over the weekend, I got an email asking if I would like to upgrade my current model to a 2020 model. The email said that because I was an early adopter, I could get special pricing on the XC40 2020 Momentum and R-Design. I did a quick comparison of what my current Momentum has vs. what is offered currently and there are a lot of safety and convenience options that are no longer a part of the Momentum series subscription. They were offering to carry my rate through to the new subscription, but it doesn't make sense. Seems almost like a downgrade to me while paying the same rate. Anyone else get this email - thoughts?
Got the email too. I agree the Momentum is a step backwards. The R-Design has all the features still included, though. At the price they are offering with the "special deal" it makes sense for those of us who want to step up to the R-Design.

Need to see how smooth the process is, though. If its anything like the first go-round, i'm in for a wild ride.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Wow.. I didn't know that the charging pad was even optional. I thought all trims got that included.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I received one last week from a Concierge directly and then another one today from the Volvo Car USA email with the same terms. Momentum $600 and RD $700. We were tempted to go up to the RD this time around, but we are still unsure. I wish we didn't have to decide by November 30th as our lease is up July 1st. We might end up just buying out our Momentum and calling it a day. Also, we are looking at the new Tesla Model Y, so there's that as well. Decisions.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I received one last week from a Concierge directly and then another one today from the Volvo Car USA email with the same terms. Momentum $600 and RD $700. We were tempted to go up to the RD this time around, but we are still unsure. I wish we didn't have to decide by November 30th as our lease is up July 1st. We might end up just buying out our Momentum and calling it a day. Also, we are looking at the new Tesla Model Y, so there's that as well. Decisions.....
After going back and forth with the concierge, the only thing they removed is Pilot Assist from the subscription for the Momentum model. The subscription includes the premium package and the panoramic moonroof and the heater front seats/steering wheel. I'm opting not to upgrade at this point - it's a downgrade to me. I guess I'll see what other options exist when my term is up in the middle of next year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
They have also removed Pilot Assist from the R-design 2020 cbv offering according to my concierge.

Pilot Assist has been removed for the 2020 XC40 R-Design

Med vänliga hälsningar!

Yours Sincerely,

Quiana
Care by Volvo Concierge

·
Registered
60 Posts
They have also removed Pilot Assist from the R-design 2020 cbv offering according to my concierge.

Pilot Assist has been removed for the 2020 XC40 R-Design

Med vänliga hälsningar!

Yours Sincerely,

Quiana
Care by Volvo Concierge
Well that sucks.

Honestly, Volvo just seems to keep shooting themselves in the foot. I would need to get the R-Design to get all the features I currently have in my Momentum, but even then I wouldn't get Pilot Assist. So they are essentially offering to give me a car with less content for $100 more per month. Why would I do that? My XC40 has 16k miles on it... it's in mint condition.

We waited a LONG time for these cars and had a lot of hassle getting them. It seems every effort by Volvo just falls short of what they should do in order to build brand loyalty and get new customers. How much are they really saving by not including Pilot Assist? Now my CbV vehicle will be up in July, and I am not motivated to get another CbV vehicle or another Volvo really, for that matter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Slightly positive news. My concierge sent me an update this morning:

The Pilot Assist has NOT been removed from the R-Design. It is still a standard feature, I am sorry about the confusion on my behalf.

Med vänliga hälsningar!

Yours Sincerely,

Quiana
Care by Volvo Concierge

·
Registered
148 Posts
What about Park Assist? I see it's a separate $200 option in the configurator now in the regular build and price setup.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My concierge confirmed that neither cbv XC40 2020 option has park assist pilot.
What is "park assist pilot"? AFAIK, pilot assist is the self driving stuff. Park assist is the stuff that automatically parallel parks or parks in/out of spots in a row of cars.

I asked my concierge and she said the R-design does include pilot assist. I asked about park assist and she sent a link showing it is included in the R-design CBV package for 2020. Did you hear differently?

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is something that is confusing because of the similar names.

Park Assist (included in Momentum Premium Package, included in R-Design and Inscription)
Helps facilitate maneuvering into tight spaces with restricted visibility. As the vehicle gets closer to an obstacle, you're alerted by a pulsating sound from the rear or front loudspeakers and graphics in the center display. The frequency of the warning sound increases the closer you get to the obstacle.

Park Assist Pilot (not available on Momentum, $200 option on R-Design and Inscription)
Makes parking enjoyable. It measures the parking space, and if the space is at least 1.2 times the length of your vehicle, it can help you park by taking over the steering. Park Assist Pilot handles both parallel and perpendicular parking, and can also assist when leaving a tight parallel parking space.

Park Assist Pilot was available on 2019 Momentum, but was removed for 2020.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is something that is confusing because of the similar names.

Park Assist (included in Momentum Premium Package, included in R-Design and Inscription)
Helps facilitate maneuvering into tight spaces with restricted visibility. As the vehicle gets closer to an obstacle, you're alerted by a pulsating sound from the rear or front loudspeakers and graphics in the center display. The frequency of the warning sound increases the closer you get to the obstacle.

Park Assist Pilot (not available on Momentum, $200 option on R-Design and Inscription)
Makes parking enjoyable. It measures the parking space, and if the space is at least 1.2 times the length of your vehicle, it can help you park by taking over the steering. Park Assist Pilot handles both parallel and perpendicular parking, and can also assist when leaving a tight parallel parking space.

Park Assist Pilot was available on 2019 Momentum, but was removed for 2020.
This is all so confusing and unclear. Not your description, I mean the CbV offer.

I asked what I would be losing in comparison to my existing 2019 Momentum, and in reply I was given this link to compare a 2020 Momentum to a 2020 R-Design:

https://www.volvocars.com/us/build/suv/xc40?filter=carebyvolvo&ref=cbv-b2c#compare

The link appears to be specific to the CbV offering, but does not show Pilot Assist listed nor Pilot Park Assist for the 2020 R-Design. However, the CbV rep specifically replied to me... "Absolutely the Pilot Assist is still a standard feature in the 2020 XC40 R-Design
Med vänliga hälsningar!
Yours Sincerely,
Quiana"

But that appears to be untrue/incorrect. It seems like the only real upgrade a 2020 R-Design would have is the sound system, sport chassis, Sensus navigation, but I would lose pilot assist, pilot park assist, power rear seats, and several other things.

And looking at the Momentum offering... WOW... they took out everything! No panoramic sunroof, no park assist, no power folding side mirrors, no power folding rear seat, no auto unlocking with key, no homelink, no compass, no power passenger seat, no BLIS blind spot monitoring feature, no rear collision mitigation system, no inductive charging pad for your cell phone, and more.

Honestly I am disappointed, frustrated and a bit angry. I wish they would just be totally clear about what the actual changes are. Also, I could have gotten an R-design for $700/mo back then with more content, so getting one now for the same price is a step backwards. Even if they gave me an R-Design for the price of a Momentum, I would be losing features that I currently have, and paying $100/mo more for it.

I am bummed. I originally thought to jump into an R-Design when my CbV subscription is up in July, but now I don't even want one at all. My CbV is up in 7 months, so I guess it's goodbye Volvo and back to Mercedes or Audi. I put a deposit down for an XC-40 Recharge, but I have no doubt that will be delayed, and now I am concerned it will also be decontented, and if so, I will pass on that too.

Shocking mishandling of the whole CbV process from the get-go and it just keeps getting watered down more and more. No ability to temporarily swap cars, no dealer picking up my car for service, none of the stuff I was promised would be part of CbV when I signed up at the auto show. 2 years ago.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wanted to see if anyone has re-upped their subscription, and thought that this might be the easiest thread to ask in instead of starting a new one. It seems that Volvo has simplified the XC40 offers for CbV to just the loaded R-Design. Has anyone gone through the process of renewal and if so, what was the process? Did you contact a concierge directly? Just curious as my term is nearing its end and I need to decide what to do. Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wanted to see if anyone has re-upped their subscription, and thought that this might be the easiest thread to ask in instead of starting a new one. It seems that Volvo has simplified the XC40 offers for CbV to just the loaded R-Design. Has anyone gone through the process of renewal and if so, what was the process? Did you contact a concierge directly? Just curious as my term is nearing its end and I need to decide what to do. Thanks!
You would expect to receive some information about how to renew, but ... What you have to do now (since the CbV app has been discontinued) is go to the CbV website, select the car and order your new vehicle. In that same process, you will also fill out the form for the Liberty Mutual insurance policy. You can then select the dealership and arrange to pick up your car (deliveries should be within a few weeks) and return your current vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a call from CBV offering to drop my RDESIGN price to 700 and paying my first months payment for upgrading to the 2020.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am going through the renewal process at the moment and can let you know once I've completed it. My subscription for the XC40 Momentum expires this coming June and was hoping to upgrade to an XC60 but CbV doesn't offer the R-Design. I stuck with the XC40 and as you know, the RD is the only option available. I did inquire before ordering if there were any special promos for existing subscribers and was told the only promo available to all people is the first month free. The concierge told me there is no special process and I simply order a new vehicle and the dealer takes care of the exchange.

The application and order process couldn't have been easier. I am not sure if that is because I am current subscriber or if Volvo has improved their process. I placed my order on March 3rd and was immediately approved by Liberty Mutual. The following morning, March 4th, the concierge and finance department reached out for documentation of residence and I was approved by the early afternoon. On March 5th, I received an e-mail stating my vehicle was allocated and I should expect delivery to the dealer in 2 weeks. The dealer would complete the paperwork and contact me for a pickup date. Yesterday, March 11th, I received an e-mail from concierge stating my vehicle was delivered to the dealer and they were in the process of completing the paperwork. All in all, I think this was a relatively quick process and delivery.

Now the true test comes to see how quickly my local dealer processes the paperwork and how knowledgeable they are with the exchange. If everything gets processed and the exchange of vehicles happens by the end of this week, I will be super impressed. Even if it happens by the end of next week, I will be impressed since it still within the expectations set by the concierge. I'll try to remind myself to update my post on the outcome so you have a better idea.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts