SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently received my forge CBV from viva and I'm hoping to install it on my day off. The only thing is other than taking out the intake pipe and trying to wedge my hands in there is there another way? People who have installed them how did you get to it? Would going from under the car be any easier?

·
Registered
727 Posts
So I recently received my forge CBV from viva and I'm hoping to install it on my day off. The only thing is other than taking out the intake pipe and trying to wedge my hands in there is there another way? People who have installed them how did you get to it? Would going from under the car be any easier?
here ya go! http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?137152

easiest way is to loosen the 5 bolts on the turbo housing, and then rotating the cbv up towards you for an easy install

·
Registered
727 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Is it possible to do without rotating the turbo?
Um let me put it this way.

My buddy's and mine, we didn't rotate the housing and we both ended up with leaking cbv's which was not good. We had no clue til a year after the install.

It best to rotate the housing. You don't have to remove the bolts, just loosen a few turns

·
Registered
935 Posts
Don't forget about marking the housing location before you rotate it! Makes realigning for the CAP fool proof... Sorta.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This may be a stupid question but you mean just rotating the compressor housing and leaving the turbo bolted to the manifold correct?

·
Registered
935 Posts
This may be a stupid question but you mean just rotating the compressor housing and leaving the turbo bolted to the manifold correct?
Yes sir. Makes the job so much easier.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So just take off the intake pipe and the OTE Intercooler pipe and loosen the clamp on the housing and it will turn?

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And you just have to loosen the 5 bolts on the side of the compressor housing? Or do you have to completely remove them?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Just loosen them. 3 from the top, and 2 from the bottom. I used a combination of flexible ratchet wrenches and some 1/4 inch drive socket action.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thats true. this is the only job on my car im a little skeptical about doing. ive never had to rotate a turbos compressor housing before so i dont want to mess up my turbo

1 - 20 of 65 Posts