SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.cnbc.com/id/43395673/

I had CNBC on the tube in the hotel room 11/14 9PM EDT when "BMW: A Driving Obsession" came on. The lead was OSD so I stuck around to watch. They spent a fair amount of time discussing
the Overseas Delivery Experience. While the delivery process is a little different, I see a lot of similarities between what I saw on TV and saw/felt myself in Gothenburg.

Except for some of the dramatic effects, the Volvo program still seems better to me.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I accompanied my brother in law to Munich over Labor day weekend to pick up his new M5. The experience was amazing. I think both OSD services have different perks. For BMW no free airline tickets. They did give him nav maps for Europe on a USB which came in really useful. They also had a drop location at Munich airport which was very convenient since we booked into the Kempinksi hotel there.

Also, you take the car as you ordered it and cannot have any accessories added to it during the delivery process.

They also had a really good buffet area for OSD customers that was changed for breakfast and lunch.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
With Saab now sadly gone, only BMW's program is close to Volvo's in scope.
I think BMW's deliver center is more fancy, but other than that Volvo has nothing to apologize for.
You get more free stuff from Volvo (like the airline tickets and hotel stay).

·
Registered
226 Posts
With BMW you can negotiate the price of Euro delivered car. Not that all dealers want to do this but some do.

Krzys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts