SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I can tell you guys that this absolutely does work. I am using the AXXESS ASWC on my 06 SR with JVC head unit. Only a few simple wires to hook up. My skip track and volume buttons on my steering wheel work because of this unit.
Thank you, its now on my eBay shopping cart. :)

Crazy, good luck, its worth a shot.

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
so they only with my setup guys is that i would need to program it into the carputer instead of just plug and play....but for any headunit yes lol

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Thank you, its now on my eBay shopping cart. :)

Crazy, good luck, its worth a shot.
I even emailed them and they told me exactly how to hook it up. Let me see if I can dig that email up.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Here is the link they emailed me. It is an instructional for a 2006 V70 but it applies to our cars.

http://contentdocs.installernet.com/documents/vehicle/12150.pdf

Here is what it says:

1) Connect the Black wire of the ASWC to ground. You may use the same grounding
point as the aftermarket radio.
2) Connect the Red wire of the ASWC to a 12 volt accessory wire, one that turns on and
off with the ignition key.
3) Connect the Pink wire of the ASWC to pin A7 of the vehicle. Below is a picture of
what the connector in the vehicle looks like:
4) Connect the Blue/Pink wire of the ASWC to pin A8 of the vehicle.
5) All other wires on the ASWC please tape up, they will not be used.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
But I'm sure AXXESS has a program to hook up with any Carputer devices / ie the JoyCon thing perhaps?
worth a shot emailing them i suppose! my roomate was willing to make a program. Tho with all my other little projects going on....might be forever LOL

·
Registered
197 Posts
That's some good stuff!!! Too bad I just found it. I have carputers installed in my VR an wifes Maxima for 5 years now. Never let me down. The only thing is I have this http://www.mp3car.com/rr-released-skins/144428-dfx-5-1-2-released-updated-04-02-12-a.html instead of centrafuse. I like DFX much more. Also in my car I have it inputing to navigation screen, which is way hotter, I think. In Maxima, I was playing with different monitors and found, that sun-readable mon for $600 is the best. Video quaility never goes down with the amount of sun. It only gets better. For audio/video intergration in VR I use iMIV adapter. Works wonders!
P.S.
I still find carputer, if everything is executed correctly much more powerfull then anything else and much more functional, then todays numerouse infotaiment/intertainment/social media soft in modern cars, like GM, merc, bimmer and such. May be it's just me, may be I just got used to carputer too much. Don't know...
P.S.S.
And one more thing. I have this dashcommand soft on mine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjVyISsOm_w

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Interesting stuff, but my 'carputer' is now my iPhone - mounted on the cupholder beside my wheel and plugged into my AUX it does NAV, Tuned In radio, my iTunes library, tethers to the kids' iPads for Netflix and, oh yes, also does the hands-free phone thing.

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Interesting stuff, but my 'carputer' is now my iPhone - mounted on the cupholder beside my wheel and plugged into my AUX it does NAV, Tuned In radio, my iTunes library, tethers to the kids' iPads for Netflix and, oh yes, also does the hands-free phone thing.
Ha! This is great :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
to tell you the truth - for simple nav option i find myself using my android phone more and more. My carputer I mostly use for music and looking at these beauuuuutiful guages almost all the time

·
Registered
305 Posts
hey where did you find that shell that goes around the screen? or was it custom made?

101 - 114 of 114 Posts