SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 40 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
If you're using the factory amp for audio, your noise issue may be related to a strangely wired amp that some of us have. I have to fabricate a cable but it was pretty easy and eliminated the noise.

I'm wondering why you went i3 and not something fanless like an atom? Dual core 1.6 would probably handle anything you throw at it, it did for my HTPC, and do it silently.

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If you're using the factory amp for audio, your noise issue may be related to a strangely wired amp that some of us have. I have to fabricate a cable but it was pretty easy and eliminated the noise.

I'm wondering why you went i3 and not something fanless like an atom? Dual core 1.6 would probably handle anything you throw at it, it did for my HTPC, and do it silently.
I like a little more POWAHH. :)

Anyways sound issue is resolved :)

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
gonna load up anything else on the CarPC? Maybe some emulators :D some old school NES in the Volvo lol

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Only issue left is the screen.

-rolling lines.
-dull color

I believe This is due to the length of the VGA cable
Yea that will do it. One reason I was thinking you should put it closer then the trunk IE glovebox or console.

I had the same problem when I had ran a VGA cable across my room cause VGA is an Analog signal once I switched over to DVI which is a digital signal my noise and washed up colors went away but that was way before HDMI was available, like 1999 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
691 Posts
As far as the video, unplug the video cables and check to make sure you didn't bend any of the pins inside the the male ends.. If the pins are finE then just to make sure, take that same cable and plug it in to your regular computer to make sure its a good cable.. I doubt the cable is long as your only talking what, 15ft? But VGA cables can go bad if their bent to much(hard 90degree turn).. I see you put a ground loop eliminator, as a sound guy my whole life that's not the true way to fix the issue as it will come back.. Those things don't last to long.. Your issue is power or ground. Your either tapped into something that doesn't have a proper ground or the power your tapped into has a higher voltage or lower..

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Yea! I love his ideas and any others you guys have. I'll look into it once everything is running solidly. I still hv to install obd2 and stuff :)
Let me know of what you need creatively, I can crate the logo or background for your screen. Just let me know of the screen resolution you need.

Btw I have a 2012 S60 R-design and if you've seen the on board OEM radio system,if has a startup logo. I can likely mimic / recreate that look for you.

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Let me know of what you need creatively, I can crate the logo or background for your screen. Just let me know of the screen resolution you need.

Btw I have a 2012 S60 R-design and if you've seen the on board OEM radio system,if has a startup logo. I can likely mimic / recreate that look for you.
Let me pm you the resoltuion tomorrow... I would absolutely love that. I will let you be the judge of the style(because anything you do would probably be awesome)

:)

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Interesting setup, more videos of what it can do?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Sample photo until video
OMG I need to do this...

How much more difficult would this be on an 04?? I know our headunit/ccm setups are different

And can you get oil temp/pressure on your readout, or is that not in the obdii info??

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
OMG I need to do this...

How much more difficult would this be on an 04?? I know our headunit/ccm setups are different

And can you get oil temp/pressure on your readout, or is that not in the obdii info??
You cannot get oil/pressure...yet ;) my guy is gonna do some more programming and see if he can sneak in some more parameters :) which, actually he is doing right now! :)

As far as fitment for an 04...the screens are for 05-07 . Seeing how the console is different. So you would have to source and potentially make your own screen.

-Connor

·
Registered
11,936 Posts
As far as the video, unplug the video cables and check to make sure you didn't bend any of the pins inside the the male ends.. If the pins are finE then just to make sure, take that same cable and plug it in to your regular computer to make sure its a good cable.. I doubt the cable is long as your only talking what, 15ft? But VGA cables can go bad if their bent to much(hard 90degree turn).. I see you put a ground loop eliminator, as a sound guy my whole life that's not the true way to fix the issue as it will come back.. Those things don't last to long.. Your issue is power or ground. Your either tapped into something that doesn't have a proper ground or the power your tapped into has a higher voltage or lower..
Depends a lot on the quality of the VGA cable and the quality/signal strength of the VGA output on the video card. You could try going to VGA over CAT5 with adapters...

Crazyace, any reason why you didn't just do HDMI?

·
Registered
11,936 Posts
You cannot get oil/pressure...yet ;) my guy is gonna do some more programming and see if he can sneak in some more parameters :) which, actually he is doing right now! :)
Is he just hooking into the data feeds the VIDA/DICE exposes somehow, or is he going lower level?
I'm quite curious... would you share the app?
Even though I don't plan on doing this sort of install, it would be nice to have some better software for monitoring stuff on a laptop that I could bring along when desired...

21 - 40 of 114 Posts