SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 XC90 T6 Momentum Plus
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found that the music volume on my XC90 with the B&W audio system is quite lower than other inputs such as Sirius Radio.

Are yo aware of any adjustment that can be made to being up the CarPlay volume, or as an alternative, lower the Sirius FM, etc. volume?

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Silly question, but was the volume on your iPhone turned up?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First thing I checked.

I'm pretty sure the phone's volume level didn't affect the CarPlay volume but I'm going to double check that.

It would be the easy fix for sure.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Over Bluetooth, your iPhone volume does have an impact on B/W volume. ie you can raise or lower from phone.
When using digital out (lightning to usb) the volume is only manipulated by the vehicle.

Do you have soundcheck enabled on iPhone? That can lower volumes as it tries to make sure all sources from the iPhone are at same level.
But I feel like mine is a touch quieter as well - so yours is probably normal.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm definitely plugged in (lightning to USB) for the CarPlay and yes, I do use soundcheck to level my playback volumes.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I'm definitely plugged in (lightning to USB) for the CarPlay and yes, I do use soundcheck to level my playback volumes.
Turning off soundcheck will probably ameliorate some of the lowering, but it's probably not worth it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts