SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Lately, I've been experiencing frequent CarPlay crashes. I suspect it might have something to do with using CPlay2Air, but I'm hot sure. Devices won't connect wirelessly or even when I try to plug it in.

The screen says something like, "Connect compatible device" and I'll check the CarPlay icon in Sensus and it's dimmed and unresponsive to taps.

The only way I'm able to reset CarPlay is to turn off the car so Sensus is also turned off. Wait several minutes, then restart the car. Basically, it requires a reboot of Sensus.

Is there anyway to reset the CarPlay app without having to restart the car?

Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had similar issues with my original "Carlinkit" - I purchased on Amazon so was able to return it. I have since purchased the newer version of Carlinkit (it is more rectangular and does not have any dedicated wires attached to it) and it has been working great. Only very rarely do I have to disconnect it in the armrest to get it to be recognized, however, no issues requiring a restart of the system.

Have you tried updating the software in the CarPlay-2-Air? Alternative seeing if you can get the car to forget the device, etc. and start from scratch connecting it again (although you may have already tried that).

Not aware of a way to get the Sensus to reboot while in motion except when it crashes and does it on its own.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(it is more rectangular and does not have any dedicated wires attached to it)
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this. Mine is rectangular as well, but has a USB cable on one end with a USB port on the other.

Have you tried updating the software in the CarPlay-2-Air? Alternative seeing if you can get the car to forget the device, etc. and start from scratch connecting it again (although you may have already tried that).
I noticed a firmware update today when I got in the car. Hopefully that fixes the errors I've been having. Finger's crossed :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this. Mine is rectangular as well, but has a USB cable on one end with a USB port on the other.

It was just anecdote - recognize that you have a different brand than I do (although they all seem to run the same software).

The original one I purchased which was giving me problems looked like this:

(the USB cable is not removeable)

My current one looks like this:

(not fixed cables - just USB on one end and micro USB on the other).

·
Registered
148 Posts
I ordered the model on Amazon that specified Volvo, but got the first model with the permanently attached cable. It didn’t work well and it went back. I’d order again if I knew that I’d get the newer edition.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are CPlay2Air and CarLinKit the same company?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Are CPlay2Air and CarLinKit the same company?
Not certain if they are, however, what I believe I read elsewhere is that the IP Address that is entered to update the software for both is the same.

Carlinkit is 192.168.50.2

Perhaps somebody could compare to CarPlay-2-Air IP address.

If identical would indicate that likely both using the same underlying software and thus likely related entities of not one and the same with different branding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts