SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So this is either a bug or the world's most annoying "feature."

Honestly, I rarely use CarPlay now. The only exception is when I want to play Spotify from the phone on longer trips. But for most shorter trips, I just don't see the need to plug-in the phone.

This weekend though we had a 90 minute trip where I was using Waze on my iPhone and I knew I would be using my phone a lot for a long time where we were going and didn't want to start with a deficit of battery, so I plugged the phone into the car for the purpose of keeping it charged. CarPlay initially tried to take over the music, but I then used the center screen to set it back to my Radio favorites.

Which worked for about 20 minutes. That's when CarPlay decided all on its own without anyone touching the phone or the car screen to override my choice and open the phone's music app and start playing the first song in my collection. Annoyed, I used the center screen to change it back to radio favorites. Now about 5 minutes later it did it again. Then again about 5 minutes after that. I am pretty sure the timing was not consistent though which was odd. Eventually we just gave up and unplugged the phone and took the battery hit (I keep a portable charger with me I used later), because it was interrupting our music so often.

It's fitting that this bug affect music since overall it's the music features of the this car that remain some of the most buggy. Everyone in my family calls it the ghost radio since it has a mind of its own and a vast majority of the time when you turn on the car now its on a random station from our favorites list that's not the same as what it was when we turned it off and usually not the same as the station it's showing in the display as on. Then sometimes a minute or so later (though this is less frequent) it will change the station all on its own. This is always at start-up and it remains stable after that for the remainder of the drive. A few minutes after start-up the music selection remains sluggish too. If you use the screen the scrolling can freeze for a while or ignore selections. And if you use the physical buttons on the steering wheel or center console there is up to a 15 second lag from when you hit the button to advance station to when it responds. Again, all that seems to clear up after a while per driving session.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Very frustrated after a 4 hour trip in the car. Used Waze and had my phone plugged in to charge. Listening to XM. Every time Waze would give a direction the radio would cut off and not come back. A side note - the car keeps defaulting to a random AM station playing music en espanol despite listening to XM last. Anyone else have these problems?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Something si wrong, mine works almost flawlessly. The worst thing my system does is every now and again carplay won’t play Spotify or slacker and I’ll have to switch to a different app and then go back to it to get it to work. That’s the only issue I’ve had which is hardly an issue. I would have your system looked at. I have ever had CarPlay take over my radio when I’ve been listening to Sirius.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts