SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
18,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time of year. Start planning. Finish up your maintenance, mods, map your trip with smooth pavement and long stretches of great turns, buy your tickets and passes, get your shorts and flip flops ready. 2019 Carlisle is almost here.
May 17-19, 2019
We are a little more than TEN WEEKS away.

Hoping that the crew who took over last year with organizing food, etc. is up for the same effort. They did an outstanding job.
It's typically a donate 20-25 bucks and get food and drink for the weekend, and it's a deal that can't be beat. Organized giveaways, sharing, etc. It's always a good time.

If you have never been, plan for a muddy mess or at least some rain. I don't think I've been once in the last 10 years where it didn't rain at some point.
HOWEVER - It's fun to meet up with people, see some great cars in person, learn and connect.

Another appeal to get as many people as possible under one singular club: Volvos At Carlisle. Watch Gregson's video from last year and listen to the appeal.

April 15 seems to be the cut off for getting passes mailed and save 10% this year.
Be judged, not judged, camp, stay in a hotel (good luck if you haven't yet secured one), drive in for the day (like me).
https://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=23

This is last year's thread started by MnOpRacInG who was the guy organizing.
https://forums.swedespeed.com/showt...-2018-Volvos-At-Carlisle-under-new-management

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Getting Springfield ready! His turn was interrupted by the V90 last year.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Thanks, ZZZZZZ. Just what we need. I plan on bringing the old V70 XC. I brought my 2007 T5 M66 the last two years and we gonna see if this old girl will make the drive there. Thus, we are frantically working on stage zero and mods as fast as we can. It has all new fluids, some new hoses, new suspension, working on the straight pipe dual exhaust, hot air intake w heat shield, new heater core and hoses, engine mounts, etc. Next oil change were gonna drop the oil pan and put in new o-rings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,719 Posts
Subscribed. We shall see what I end up bringing.

edit - I'm not planning on bailing out to go to Volvodrive Treffen again this year lol.

·
Registered
06 Vr 6sp, 98 T5V 5sp
581 Posts
First off I want to thank ZZZZZZZ for getting the ball rolling on this site. We had a really fun year in 2018 and it was thanks to all of you whom jumped in and helped during the ever predictable rain/mud mix. So any help that anyone would like to offer, don't be afraid to PM me as we can use all the help we can get.

This year will be similar to 2018 in terms of logistics. So please sign up using (Volvos At Carlisle) starting early this week as I need to call the fairgrounds Monday and register the group. $20 I believe will be the base line, but were still working on the budget. But that gets you meals, drinks, raffle goodness, chance to win "best of show" for the year (I want to make a trophy, so its happening), and warm/dry place to hang out.

Were on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/VolvosAtCarlisle/ I need to get the old donation box up and running, so that's on the list for this week.

The 06 is dead (killed the auto), and I don't have time for the manual swap till after Carlisle. So the 98 VT5 will be making the trip.

So broken.
20190210-174545

So salty.
20190131-122354

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
I might well be convinced to go this year. Seems like maybe Snowball would like the trip if I can stop being lazy and get all the "refresh" work done I've got planned. We'll see what May brings.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Snowball! :)

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
First off I want to thank ZZZZZZZ for getting the ball rolling on this site. We had a really fun year in 2018 and it was thanks to all of you whom jumped in and helped during the ever predictable rain/mud mix. So any help that anyone would like to offer, don't be afraid to PM me as we can use all the help we can get.

This year will be similar to 2018 in terms of logistics. So please sign up using (Volvos At Carlisle) starting early this week as I need to call the fairgrounds Monday and register the group. $20 I believe will be the base line, but were still working on the budget. But that gets you meals, drinks, raffle goodness, chance to win "best of show" for the year (I want to make a trophy, so its happening), and warm/dry place to hang out.

Were on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/VolvosAtCarlisle/ I need to get the old donation box up and running, so that's on the list for this week.

The 06 is dead (killed the auto), and I don't have time for the manual swap till after Carlisle. So the 98 VT5 will be making the trip.

So broken.
We really appreciate you doing this. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
17,719 Posts
I might well be convinced to go this year. Seems like maybe Snowball would like the trip if I can stop being lazy and get all the "refresh" work done I've got planned. We'll see what May brings.
Just go anyway lol. You'll never go if you have to have every little thing done before you'll go.

·
Registered
06 Vr 6sp, 98 T5V 5sp
581 Posts
Bring your broken junk, or as I like to call the 98 "The B team".

I'm pretty sure we have an Alaskan coming down with an 06 Vr Sonicama. That's a 4 or 5 day cannonball run.

·
Registered
14,786 Posts
I'd love to go this year too - has never worked in the past with helping kids move, graduations, etc.

Not sure which one to bring - the yellow car or the Polestar.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
I'd love to go this year too - has never worked in the past with helping kids move, graduations, etc.

Both. One of the kids can drive the polestar, right

·
Registered
18,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I love both of those. Hard choice, but I think you're going to get more fun out of a trip with the yellow.
Is the v60 rebel blue?

·
Registered
17,719 Posts
Haha this^

I'm trying to get my 850R done and have someone drive it for me lol so I can bring my T-5R again too.

·
Registered
14,786 Posts
I love both of those. Hard choice, but I think you're going to get more fun out of a trip with the yellow.
Is the v60 rebel blue?
The Polestar is just boring Ice White so if color matters then it'd have to be the yellow car.

·
Registered
17,719 Posts
If only one, it's gotta be the yellow this year. It's the 25th anniversary of the T-5R this year; gotta throw as big a party as possible for them.

·
Registered
14,786 Posts
My kids actually don't like the Polestar but alas we are empty nesters so just one driver now. The yellow car is the only one that my son has ever requested that I never sell - it will be bequeathed to him at some point - hopefully 50 years from now, lol.

·
Registered
14,786 Posts
If only one, it's gotta be the yellow this year. It's the 25th anniversary of the T-5R this year; gotta throw as big a party as possible for them.
That's true - good point, the yellow it is. I just got my last official e-check reminder in the mail the other day. No more emissions test after this one, not that I've ever had a problem with the car passing.

1 - 20 of 331 Posts