SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XC90 should be arriving in a couple of weeks, and I'm trying to decide between these two mats for the cargo area:

molded plastic
textile

Does anybody have any real world pics of either of these? I'd prefer the molded plastic one because it is washable, but I'm really interested in this feature of the textile one:

The mat has an integrated practical dirt cover that can be folded down over the bumper. This prevents clothing becoming dirty and protects the bumper when loading and unloading.
The textile one is also reversible and supposedly plastic on the other side, but no pics are given.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts

I have the textile mat. Great quality! I don't have a picture of the rubber side, but I can take a picture if you want. I drive the XC90 Inscription with 7-seats so the mat is in two pieces. When the third row is up you remove one of the mats.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I actually have my accessories already but don't have the car yet. But I bought the molded plastic one which is in 3 pieces. It allows you to use it when 3rd row is down or up or when 2nd and 3rd rows are down. It does not have the bumper cover but I also bought the stainless bumper trim to protect the bumper. I bought all of my accessories from myswedishparts.com with a discount.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the textile mat. Great quality! I don't have a picture of the rubber side, but I can take a picture if you want. I drive the XC90 Inscription with 7-seats so the mat is in two pieces. When the third row is up you remove one of the mats.
Thanks! I would really appreciate a pic of the rubber side and especially the bumper cover if you get a chance. When the third row is up, can that half of the mat stack on top of the other, or does it need to be removed completely?

On a related note, how do you like the cargo net? I'm thinking about picking that up as well.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I have the 3-part rubber mat. I find it a little annoying to take apart then put back together. The seams sort of snap together and the fit is good not great.

Ironman are you sure your 3 part may covers the second row folded down? Mine does not. That's my main complaint. I think I would swap it out for the textile one if it covered more. As it stands I'm looking for a replacement that does cover both rows.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have the 3-part rubber mat. I find it a little annoying to take apart then put back together. The seams sort of snap together and the fit is good not great.

Ironman are you sure your 3 part may covers the second row folded down? Mine does not. That's my main complaint. I think I would swap it out for the textile one if it covered more. As it stands I'm looking for a replacement that does cover both rows.
Sorry. You are correct, it only covers with the 3rd row up or down and does not cover the 2nd row. In order to cover the entire cargo area including sides and 2nd row seats, you need to get the cargo cover. http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us/XC90(16-)/Accessories/Document/VCC-482422/2016/T6/Automatic

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the plastic. I can post a pic later this afternoon. I also have the steel divider, and 2 dog gates.
How do you like these and how big are your dogs? This setup is a huge part of the reason we are looking at the XC90 but without seeing the barrier, divider and gates in person we are not sure whether our dogs will fit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We absolutely love the dog gate. We have 2 80lb drahthaars. (German wired hair pointers). They have enough room to turn around, lay down, stand up. One of them was even sleeping on his back- feet straight in the air this weekend. I've tried to post a pic on here- but it doesn't appear to work from my phone. Here is the link if you can access Instagram.
It comes in 3 pieces. A steel divider that separates the 2nd row from the 3rd, a middle divider that splits the cargo area in half, and the actual gate. I took them out without the help of my husband. Very easy. If you can't see the following link I can email you pictures.

http://instagram.com/p/8mD8Ghh4nbuXQgLuhRvrjNYcQgiwFXXFyO31Y0/

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's awesome, thanks so much. Like i say, the barrier, divider and double dog gates are a bit part of why we have been looking at the XC90 for a while now but were unsure how well the dogs would fit (able to turn around etc.). We have a Malinois and a Tervuren that are similar height/frame to your dogs. Great to know they will fit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We absolutely love the dog gate. We have 2 80lb drahthaars. (German wired hair pointers). They have enough room to turn around, lay down, stand up. One of them was even sleeping on his back- feet straight in the air this weekend. I've tried to post a pic on here- but it doesn't appear to work from my phone. Here is the link if you can access Instagram.
It comes in 3 pieces. A steel divider that separates the 2nd row from the 3rd, a middle divider that splits the cargo area in half, and the actual gate. I took them out without the help of my husband. Very easy. If you can't see the following link I can email you pictures.

http://instagram.com/p/8mD8Ghh4nbuXQgLuhRvrjNYcQgiwFXXFyO31Y0/
hm. Doesn't work for me. It takes me to an instagram 404 (not found) page

·
Registered
777 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for fixing the link Tiffanylynn. That looks fantastic installed and nice looking GWP. I love that there are air vents back there for the dogs and I think I'd find a way to rig a visual barrier for the longitudinal divider.

Can the dog jump that high?
My idiot dogs could get onto the roof of the car without too much problem. But if not you could always use a folding ramp.

·
Registered
54 Posts
A folding ramp?? XC70 would be best option...

���� XC70 2011 D5 ����
A folding ramp is $40. I also don't care since I have no need for one, but lots of people do use them in all sorts of vehicles.

There isn't enough room for my dogs in the XC70 even if I wanted one, which I most certainly do not.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I bought the 2-piece charcoal carpet for the trunk.... this should give you a better idea of how they work...

Then if you want to flip them they have a diamond textured plastic backing

1 - 20 of 60 Posts