1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Not much different than service loaner really.i doubt many will be turned in at 3 mo but flexibility is always good for customers.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Not much different than service loaner really.i doubt many will be turned in at 3 mo but flexibility is always good for customers.
May not be the best option for a transcontinental road trip, but might be a nice option for local driving on an extended stay for snowbirds.

All the best from Minnesota USA,
A fine MY16 XC90 T8

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was very interested in this. I called Volvo to see who this applies to and for other information. Unfortunately I found many caveats.

Firstly, this only applies to people who took delivery after 21st October 2020. Counts me out having signed a second time in April. Would have been nice to have a payment reduction for the same model, or an upgrade whenever I felt like it.

Second, Every time you decide to change your vehicle, it will require a hard inquiry on your credit. Up to four hard inquiries per year to switch out your car is just insane. This is actually a deterrent, and the very nice person on the phone agreed. I don’t understand why they can’t accomplish the same thing with a soft pull and an employment verification. Especially for customers that have been a part of the program since inception.

Third, if you trade your vehicle before 12 months, your mileage must be within a 1250 mark per month. Not just under 30,000 like if you traded after 12 months.

This is meant to remedy mistakes, and life changes. It’s not the at will upgrade/downgrade option I was hoping for, and certainly not how it’s being advertised.

Color me disappointed, but glad that there is an option for people who have life changes. Even if it devalues your credit score.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was very interested in this. I called Volvo to see who this applies to and for other information. Unfortunately I found many caveats.

Firstly, this only applies to people who took delivery after 21st October 2020. Counts me out having signed a second time in April. Would have been nice to have a payment reduction for the same model, or an upgrade whenever I felt like it.

Second, Every time you decide to change your vehicle, it will require a hard inquiry on your credit. Up to four hard inquiries per year to switch out your car is just insane. This is actually a deterrent, and the very nice person on the phone agreed. I don’t understand why they can’t accomplish the same thing with a soft pull and an employment verification. Especially for customers that have been a part of the program since inception.

Third, if you trade your vehicle before 12 months, your mileage must be within a 1250 mark per month. Not just under 30,000 like if you traded after 12 months.

This is meant to remedy mistakes, and life changes. It’s not the at will upgrade/downgrade option I was hoping for, and certainly not how it’s being advertised.

Color me disappointed, but glad that there is an option for people who have life changes. Even if it devalues your credit score.
Very helpful info on the hard pull. Thankfully I will not need to buy a house again.
I am not in favor of swapping cars after several months.
Subscription is useful when people plan to change to new models in less than two years.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Customers can pick from dealer stock? Is that true? Because on the Volvo website they only have certain models & options available. For instance, for the XC60 model, they only offer XC60 AWD T5 and it doesn’t come with the 360 camera (advance) option :-(.

If I can pick from dealer stock, then is the $600/month subscription fee adjusted if the model has lots of options? How is that new fee determined? The website doesn’t have any of that on it.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Customers can pick from dealer stock? Is that true? Because on the Volvo website they only have certain models & options available. For instance, for the XC60 model, they only offer XC60 AWD T5 and it doesn’t come with the 360 camera (advance) option :-(.

If I can pick from dealer stock, then is the $600/month subscription fee adjusted if the model has lots of options? How is that new fee determined? The website doesn’t have any of that on it.
I believe it has to be same trim/MSRP from dealer stock. A XC90 T5 Momentum is better equipped, with Pilot Assist.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts