SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the message on the display, I hit the button to make an appointment, which only triggered an email from my dealership to select an appointment time.

What has your experience been with the CBV service?

I have an old email confirmation from the concierge that our program includes the dealer picking up the vehicle and leaving a loaner while it is in service. Has anyone had this level of service?

Other than oil / filter change, rotate tires, hope new wipers, what else should be included? I was hoping they would see the few times I got error messages in the logs and try to resolve them, they were small things that cleared up after re-starting. Any TSB's I should request or flash of anything?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just remember the moonroof doesn't close very smoothly, it vibrates bad.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I emailed and received a confirmation from my dealer, they will pick up, drop off a loaner and delivery my car back for service this week, I believe Wednesday or Thursday. They expect a 24 hour turn around.
So far so great!

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,100 Posts
I have an old email confirmation from the concierge that our program includes the dealer picking up the vehicle and leaving a loaner while it is in service. Has anyone had this level of service?
Is this an XC40 only thing? Or is it a Dealership thing? Or a Volvo-wide thing which nobody knows of? Where they pick up your Vehicle and leave a loaner?

Would be really nice in my case. I have to drive an hour to reach Suburban Volvo, drive back home with a loaner, drive to the showroom again the next day for the pickup and finally drive back in my car. That's 4 hours every 10k miles I can stop wasting if Volvo has the dealer pick-up/drop-off service.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I could get used to this level of concierge service.
My dealer's porter called me from my work's parking lot, asked me to meet him out there. I signed a couple forms, we exchanged key fobs and away he went with my XC40 momentum, leaving me a new S60 Inscription. It is 10° out so I didn't look to see if it is a T5, T6, I wouldn't order the exterior color, but that blond interior with matching fob is pretty nice!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Sport utility vehicle

If you are in the CBV program, I recommend you contact your dealer to have them provide this service, if they resist, contact Volvo concierge, I emailed them way back when I got the car, and forwarded their email to my dealer service department establishing this service.

BTW: the loaner S60 was a T6 and that motor is great, very responsive.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So the dealer had to order a rear latch from the service done a couple weeks ago.
Yesterday they brought me a XC60 Momentum T5, nice but not having all the extra packages made this one a bit out of date (no adaptive cruise or pilot assist).
White Black Black-and-white Monochrome Monochrome photography

So I did something I told my self I wouldn't do....

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Automotive design

Oops, maybe I will just purchase this next year.

I appreciate the porter telling me how he was impressed how noticeable and fun the Polestar made driving it. I haven't had a chance to drive it yet, I'm at work.

Any other CBV XC40 with Polestar out there?

·
Registered
54 Posts
So the dealer had to order a rear latch from the service done a couple weeks ago.
Yesterday they brought me a XC60 Momentum T5, nice but not having all the extra packages made this one a bit out of date (no adaptive cruise or pilot assist).
View attachment 49469

So I did something I told my self I wouldn't do....

View attachment 49471
Oops, maybe I will just purchase this next year.

I appreciate the porter telling me how he was impressed how noticeable and fun the Polestar made driving it. I haven't had a chance to drive it yet, I'm at work.

Any other CBV XC40 with Polestar out there?
As an FYI - this wasn't the experience that I had. Dealer claimed to not know anything about this and I contacted Volvo CC who just said loaners are at the discretion of the dealer and that they don't offer any type of concierge process. I wish this was a thing!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is what I did during delivery: My salesman introduced me to their service adviser, he told me that at 10,000 miles I bring it in for service, should only take a couple hours. I asked about them picking up my car and leaving a loaner, they said they have not heard that was in the program, so I sent them this confirmation (which at the time of my excessive research found on line somewhere):

06/28/2018 01:05 PM
I remember reading the CBV program includes:
"Exceptional service
Thoughtful extras mean that Care by Volvo is about more than just the car. Extras such as pick-up, delivery and concierge services make life less complicated; services that assist you and save you time."

Should I expect the dealership to pick up my car, leaving me with a loaner for service?

06/29/2018 01:30 PM
Hi Robert,

Thank you for your email. Your dealer will absolutely do that for you. You may speak with them for details if you would like.

Med vänliga hälsningar!

Best Regards,

Caity
Volvo Car USA
201-308-8484

So I sent the service adviser, and my salesman that and they responded that they will provide this service to me. My first service they did the whole car swap thing, but they had to order parts for the tailgate, they tried having me come in to get it replaced, I told them my address and to have a car brought to me, and they did. So I'm sure they don't like this, but I feel like we are paying for this service and I love it. The porter loves it because I tip the nice young man every time.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,100 Posts
If you are in the CBV program, I recommend you contact your dealer to have them provide this service, if they resist, contact Volvo concierge, I emailed them way back when I got the car, and forwarded their email to my dealer service department establishing this service.
"Exceptional service
Thoughtful extras mean that Care by Volvo is about more than just the car. Extras such as pick-up, delivery and concierge services make life less complicated; services that assist you and save you time."
Ok. Care by Volvo is specifically for the XC40 and the S60. That answers my question as to why the 90 series owners have never had their Vehicle picked up and dropped off by the showrooms. Thank you for the clarity.

https://www.volvocars.com/us/shopping-tools/purchase/care-by-volvo

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is what I did during delivery: My salesman introduced me to their service adviser, he told me that at 10,000 miles I bring it in for service, should only take a couple hours. I asked about them picking up my car and leaving a loaner, they said they have not heard that was in the program, so I sent them this confirmation (which at the time of my excessive research found on line somewhere):

06/28/2018 01:05 PM
I remember reading the CBV program includes:
"Exceptional service

Should I expect the dealership to pick up my car, leaving me with a loaner for service?

06/29/2018 01:30 PM
Hi Robert,

Thank you for your email. Your dealer will absolutely do that for you. You may speak with them for details if you would like.

Med vänliga hälsningar!

Best Regards,

Caity
Volvo Car USA
201-308-8484

So I sent the service adviser, and my salesman that and they responded that they will provide this service to me. My first service they did the whole car swap thing, but they had to order parts for the tailgate, they tried having me come in to get it replaced, I told them my address and to have a car brought to me, and they did. So I'm sure they don't like this, but I feel like we are paying for this service and I love it. The porter loves it because I tip the nice young man every time.
I remember reading this and it was a big reason for choosing Care By Volvo. However I just scheduled my first service and they did not offer this. I contacted Volvo and they claimed it was up to the dealership if they would offer a loaner or not. Bummed this is a big thing to save me time and hassle. I am within about 20 mins from the dealer so it should be do able.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ah I too got a screen shot showing they will pick up the car. They still claim not to do it. We compromised on a loaner. But still a bit pissed that they advertised this and now are claiming not do it. More Care by Volvo run around.

·
Registered
12 Posts
just to follow up they gave me a loaner and made a really big deal about how they were not going to charge me for it. Honestly seemed like the few people I spoke with at the dealership had no idea what Care By Volvo is or how it works. The communication between Volvo and the dealerships sucks and we are caught in the middle.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,100 Posts
Ah I too got a screen shot showing they will pick up the car. They still claim not to do it. We compromised on a loaner. But still a bit pissed that they advertised this and now are claiming not do it. More Care by Volvo run around.
just to follow up they gave me a loaner and made a really big deal about how they were not going to charge me for it. Honestly seemed like the few people I spoke with at the dealership had no idea what Care By Volvo is or how it works. The communication between Volvo and the dealerships sucks and we are caught in the middle.
This is unfortunate.

Although not a part of CBV, my Dealership literally offers me options (XC90, XC60, S90, etc.) on the loaners I wanna drive out with when I call in for dropping my V90CC off. Even if it's a one hour job, they still offer me the loaner to drive around or go have lunch at a nearby restaurant (that they are happy to suggest) while they work on my car.

I would say, it a dealer-to-dealer thing. Some go beyond, some fall short! Try another dealership if they are close enough to where you live.

·
Registered
Volvo XC40 T4 Inscription.
128 Posts
Is this an XC40 only thing? Or is it a Dealership thing? Or a Volvo-wide thing which nobody knows of? Where they pick up your Vehicle and leave a loaner?

Would be really nice in my case. I have to drive an hour to reach Suburban Volvo, drive back home with a loaner, drive to the showroom again the next day for the pickup and finally drive back in my car. That's 4 hours every 10k miles I can stop wasting if Volvo has the dealer pick-up/drop-off service.
I too live like 30 miles away from my dealer and I have used the service on my XC90 and XC60. I think it depends more on the dealer than the model.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I brought my CBV car in for the 10K service and was not provided with a loaner. Since the service is also supposed to cover wear-and-tear items like wiper blades, I was also a little disappointed to find that they were not replaced. Not that loaners or wiper blades are big deals, but the overall service and experience has generally not been near as nice as promised. Between the price increases, lengthy wait times with no updates, and generally sub-par experience compared to the original vision, I don' think I'll renew when my 24 months are up.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Ok. Care by Volvo is specifically for the XC40 and the S60. That answers my question as to why the 90 series owners have never had their Vehicle picked up and dropped off by the showrooms. Thank you for the clarity.

https://www.volvocars.com/us/shopping-tools/purchase/care-by-volvo
This isn't a CBV issue. Our dealer service dept is amazing. They alway offers to pickup / drop off a loaner or shuttle within a given radius. We've had this level of service since 2011.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts