·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
What do you guys think?
If they are similar as the Carbon Edition they will be very nice but because being real Carbon they have a brownish hue to it.
The picture suggests 3M Carbon wrap though. Would be cheap looking.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats exactly what I was thinking. The picture does not look good, but real carbon always looks good. I might order them just to see how they look and then decide wether to keep them or not.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Those are the ones for the Carbon Edition and are for the V40. I tried ordering them but they couldn't even pull them up on the US catalog. You've been able to get one's through VIVA for $300 for a while now that are custom made for the V60. My issue with them is that they attach with double sided tape. No bolts or anything.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
No bolts for the ones from VIVA, not the original Ones from Volvo right?

They show up under the specific V60 model, not V40. But you are right, on the picturelink it says V40... Would V40 caps even fit the V60 sidemirrors?

I sent my dealer an email. We will see if he is able to get them. I am sure he will because they show up on the swiss website.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Johann
So if these are exact the same as the ones from the V40 Carbon edition and as you have one of thise, could you take a picture of them?

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
No bolts for the ones from VIVA, not the original from Volvo right?

They show up under the specific V60 model, not V40. But you are right, on the picturelink it says V40...
Would V40 caps even fit the V60 sidemirrors?

I sent my dealer an email. We will see if he is able to get them.
Yes, you swap them but they don't get secured with anything beyond tape(VIVA ones, not sure about the Volvo ones). I was told that this could not be ordered for my car since they were not in the US catalog but that they were unsure if they would fit if I was able to get them myself. This is the VIVA option, http://www.vivaperformance.com/carbon-fiber-mirror-caps-s60-v60/. I have been waiting for a Volvo V60 option. VIVA are Gloss, Volvo are Matte.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes thanks, just found them. Yeah, woudnt want to tape them as well. Just checked the installation guide. The Volvo ones do click proper in the sidemirrorhousing.

The matte would match the Carbon in the interior. If they are under 500.- I will probably get them...

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Johann I dont need any photos, just found this. Check it out at 2:20 min. They look reeeeeeaaaaallly nice!!

http://youtu.be/K7v6SACe4gs

Hopefully they will match the V60 mirrors. I think they will since they show up under the V60 accessories list.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Let me know what you find out regarding fitment and pricing. I have been interested in those since the CE came out. I'm kind of hoping they don't fit, so I don't have to go through the trouble of getting a pair sent over from Europe. I can't resist real CF and the tape is what has held me back from the Viva ones.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I will let you know.

It should be easy to find out if they fit. Johann should be able to tell if his Polestar and the V40 Carbon do have the exact same mirrors or not...

·
Registered
361 Posts
For me, I'm game if eventually avail for the US. I would want OEM vs. aftermarket, regardless of how they attach. I have an OEM carbon fiber splitter and diffuser on our X5 held on by a few screws and 3M VHB because I didn't want to use the recommended Beta Link adhesive (will remove paint if you want to take the part off later). Tape doesn't freak me out, very very strong stuff. The BMW OEM CF mirror caps snap in as a direct replacement to the painted ones...nice fitment, easy to steal.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
The easy to steal is my issue with $299 mirror caps, which is why I prefer something that connects a little more solidly. I also have watched double sided tape wear out on my license plate holder because of dirt and sand getting in from Laguna Seca's lot and the Coalinga Airport lot from the 1/2 mile drag event and don't need a mirror cap flying off at speed.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes they are great looking. Thanks for the photos.

But there is no way I am going to pay 1800.- for them. I would pay max 500.- damn it!

Well there goes the nice carbon mirror covers...

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just got the Email from my dealer. They are available and cost CHF 756.00 (about USD 750.00)(together, not each). So nothing with 1800.-

Its still a lot of money for just two cover pieces... Like I told before, I would have payed 500.- but 756.00 is really a LOT.

Need to think about it.

Cheers

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just got the Email from my dealer. They are available and cost CHF 756.00 (about USD 750.00)(together, not each). So nothing with 1800.-

Its still a lot of money for just two cover pieces... Like I told before, I would have payed 500.- but 756.00 is really a LOT.

Need to think about it.

Cheers
That is a reasonable saving compared to the price I was offered, may need to get some shipped in if I decide on them!

·
Registered
10,097 Posts

Need to think about it.

Cheers
€670,- for the set here.Roughly the same price. ($730 according Apple currency conversion)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts