SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Carbon Fiber Wide Body S60R Project, Boulder Colo.

33K views 84 replies 42 participants last post by  khalil_y 
#1 ·
So myself and Quinborders just acquired the carbon fiber skin of the 2009-2012 K-Pax Volvo S60 Race cars driven by Randy Pobst/Andy Pilgrim in the World Challange GT Class for 4 Years and won the 2010 season including Manufacture Award of the year.

We are attempting to reconstruct a visual replication of this car with suspension/drivetrain mods not quite to the standards of the race car version but ours will be street legal.

We begin with a stock 2004 S60R with 250k miles with an M66 Transmission.

and here we are going with it...

this will be a several month project so check in and we'll have updates...

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
This is ****ing awesome! Subbing. Also, how tf did you get a hold of those panels?

Edit: I think I saw your post on Reddit.

#10 ·
Please do NOT do that wing.
Just too big for the street unless you plan on 500 hp!

#11 ·
I can't disclose the cost of the panels. Not planning to reduplicate them, too labor intensive and expensive.

Got a TD05 20G turbo to go on it...http://www.ardideas.com/ARD-TD05-20G_p_227.html, got a local tuner, JZWtuning.com to tune it.

I was thinking this spoiler...http://www.ebay.com/itm/GT-55-LIGHT...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c6ef24095&vxp=mtr

JJ

We are going to try to acquire the CF dash if possible...

The car needs lots of mechanical repairs, bought it for only $1k -Timing belt, water pump, full suspension, clutch, etc...

We are going to try to do this as cheap as possible, budget race car!

Quin will post some wheel options we are think of..

We are looking all of you guys/gals to please give feedback and ideas to complete this project :)

#17 ·
#13 ·
Come on Brett we can come up with the money to duplicate them ......PLEASE :partywave: well maybe just me LOL

#14 ·
If you have someone come out here and make molds of them that would be fine, so long as we get a full spare set of spare body panels in case something were to happen.

Basically this cars goal is to be what Volvo should have made the S60R to compete with M3 and RS4s, widebody and 500 hp. And still be sexy.

#16 ·
Exactly.

Sent from Tapatalk because the people around me are boring. HTC One M8 Tmos

#18 · (Edited)
#26 ·
If you skip the wing you should skip the front splitter unless you like having a really loose rear end at high speed...

I would say do the KPAX wing, it's certainly adjustable and you could run it in minimal-downforce mode most of the time.

#22 ·
Try to find a wheel that looks like a pegasus but with a deep dish lip, now that you have the fender for it.

#27 ·
I agree with Warpedcow, do the KPAX wing.

#30 ·
I'd ask around in getting a mold for those parts. The initial mold will cost you but you'll recoup quick once you start offering the parts for others. Its not that expensive to make a mold..you just need to find the right person to do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.