SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to swedespeed this is my first post.

I have a 2009 s60 2.5t and plan to upgrade the intake. I have found the Snabb PFA-010970 Fresh Air Pipe that I am interested in, but it is not CARB Approved. I live in Maine, which has adopted California's laws. I am having trouble finding one that is CARB Exempt that I can legally put in and use on the street. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction? Or should I not worry about it too much, would most inspectors (especially small shops) pass my vehicle regardless?

Thanks, Sam

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Hello, I am new to swedespeed this is my first post.

I have a 2009 s60 2.5t and plan to upgrade the intake. I have found the Snabb PFA-010970 Fresh Air Pipe that I am interested in, but it is not CARB Approved. I live in Maine, which has adopted California's laws. I am having trouble finding one that is CARB Exempt that I can legally put in and use on the street. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction? Or should I not worry about it too much, would most inspectors (especially small shops) pass my vehicle regardless?

Thanks, Sam
I grew up in California until my mid 30's, if I recall correctly there aren't really any, I think the only major one I knew of was K&N if you could find one for your car/truck.

Any smog shop out there (unless you knew the guys really well) would fail you on a visual inspection if anything between the MAF sensor and Catalytic converter were modified without an obvious CARB label, even if it ran perfect and clean.

I just did a quick check on Summit Racing and came back with nothing, I don't recall ever hearing of a legal one for our Volvo's, perhaps am wrong though. For intakes in the 2000's, we used to swap back to OEM hardware every 2 years for smog (and cats), but that's getting harder and harder and then they started popping hoods for random inspections, and I gave up.

Now I live a place where they don't do any of that, so, yay?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts