SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate my car radio because it only plays cds. My VW has sirius and a 6 disc cd changer. I have been thinking about getting a new car stereo but I'm afraid of what the installation will look like and where do I put the antenna for the Satellite radio?

Anybody else upgraded their stereos?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Re: Car Stereo upgrades (sinisin63)

You can leave your stock radio in and just add one of these.

https://www.imiv.ca/cms/index.php?id=37

Install is pretty easy. I have one for my XM unit and occasionally run my MP3 player through it as well. You'll likely still need to use the satellite unit to change stations, dispay songs, etc. On my wagon, the XM antenna comes ouf the tailgate at the top and sits about 4 inches in from the rear edge of the roof. It's a tiny little thing, hardly noticeable.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Car Stereo upgrades (sinisin63)

Quote, originally posted by sinisin63 »

Anybody else upgraded their stereos?

Yes, check the audio forum for many installs with pics.

·
Registered
114 Posts
No one uses the audio forum; we all know that! To add to the question here another option would be hd radio, any Rs running that with an IMIV?

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Re: (Needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by Needsdecaf »

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (chinaonnitrous1)

Thanks for all the info about upgrading my car stereo. It's a headache having to get my favorite cds together for a road trip. I will look into getting my stereo upgraded real soon.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Re: (sinisin63)

technically the iMiV isn't an "upgrade" but rather an "add-on". And well worth the $100+ to get everything for the install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts