SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I drove car long distance, and car started making squeaking/squealing noises when in gear. It seems to go away when in park. I tried searching, nothing came up. It does it in anything besides park, intermitent squealing noise. I need some help quickly if possible. Thanks.

No tranny light is on, but the check engine light is on, but it was prior for a fuel related issue. I am posting this in 2 forums since I need help quickly.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just an update in case someone searches. I brought it to the dealer, and its the oil trap that sits under the intake manifold, I bought all the parts there, and I am going to attempt it myself. Looks like if it isnt replaced, it can build up pressure and cause an oil leak.

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
Not can, WILL
Fix it now

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its done, not a difficult job. Hardest part was realizing there is a bolt under the intake manifold holding it down, and a special tool is needed to release the fuel line.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Good job...most of the time I hear a loud squeal from my XC70 I am generally at higher speeds and it is coming from the passenger seat.

Regards,

P

1 - 6 of 6 Posts