SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to start by saying that I am new to DYI and think I took on more than I could handle. I decided after lurking on the forums here for about a year or so I'd do some high mileage maintainence my self. I picked up a PCV kit and some throttle body cleaner and tore into my wife's car on the weekend. It took me longer than I expected to get the intake off and get to the oil trap. I wripped that out and took my throttle body of our 02 xc off and carefully cleaned the flapper and the inside on either end of the flapper. I left everything overnight as I need another clamp to finish plumbing the pcv.

Tonight after supper I went back at it putting the throttle body back on and hooking up the bloody manifold. I put everything back on as per the tutorial that I followed. When I hooked up the battery there was a buzzing from the injector area that I figured was the fuel system charging. I fired up the car and it just died. I tried a couple of times and the same thing, fire up and sputter and then die. I unhooked the Maf and it actually would run if I feathered the throttle. I shut it down and in hooked the battery again and checked the fuel injectors again. Replugged in the battery and the same buzzing again. Turned it over and fired up then stalled out imediately again. I fear that I may have killed the throttle body from what i read. I was super carefull and took my time. Any this is where I am now, car is back together but sputters and then dies out. It is time to sleep and I will talk to the local Indy shop tomorrow. I just wanted to run this by some experienced DIY enthusiasts. I thought this would be a piece of cake so long as I take my time and follow each step. I don't know where I went wrong.

Any advice or guidence is appreciated.

Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts