SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed it yesterday morning with the cold weather. Started the car, let it drop down in idle and then went to drive slowly and noticed it sputter or chug while accelerating. Didn't step on the gas that hard and was just granny footing the gas pedal. Got to work and it was fine and dandy in the afternoon on the way home, no issues.
This morning, same thing. Sputter/chugging like learning how to drive in first gear. LOL.

Put in my OBDII bluetooth jammy and opened Torque app. I show a code of P0806. Not sure how valid that is.

Car has almost 120K. Is this the clutch sensor or coil packs or... what?

I'm afraid to drive it. haha

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Dmvee, my 05vR started doing the same thing. I've changed so many things trying to find it I'm almost ready to throw in the towel. Did you ever figure this out?

·
Registered
316 Posts
First thing I'd change would be the fuel filter. You're having what is most likely a fuel delivery issue, although there is a small chance it could be spark related.

Fuel filter is the cheapest and easiest thing to change. When you take it off the car, dump the old fuel out of it into a glass jar. If it looks like coca cola, then you know that is your problem.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thank Steve, that was my first go to. I had an OBDII code of low fuel pressure in the fuel rail. Turned out my pump was toast, so after I replaced the fuel pump I replaced the fuel filter. Also replaced the PEM, MAF, fuel pressure sensor, took out my KN air filter and returned to stock. Drove for a bit then changed the fuel filter again just for good measure. If I'm driving and get around the 4k rpm range it's like you just hit a tree the way it cuts all power, it almost throws you into the dash. Then it'll run really choppy but the CEM isn't registering a misfire. I'll have to push in the clutch, turn the ignition off and coast for a half a minute, then it starts and runs fine..... until it happens again, no telling when though. This doesn't happen all the time but once in a while is enough for me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had the same problem as the op and it was indeed the clutch position sensor. Just cleaned it yesterday and it fixed the problem. My symptoms were stuttering when first starting out as well as a jerk when letting of the throttle, just didn't come off and on throttle smoothly in general. On my car, it looks like the clutch master cylinder is leaking on it which is why it stopped working. Not sure how difficult the master cylinder will be to replace but the clutch position sensor only takes a minute.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I had similar issues a while back, mine was caused by bad MAF and FPS. Disconnected the MAF, it fixed the morning starting chugging. Replaced MAF and it starting issue went away but not the sputtering during acceleration. Replaced fuel filter and FPS, it fixed it. Symptoms are no longer exist. Yours might not be the same though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts