SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am the new owner of a 2005 S60R and couldn't be more stoked. I'm from California and go to college in Michigan, which brings me to the point of this thread. Due to prior obligations, I will not have time to drive the caR back to Michigan (as much as I would LOVE to). Does anybody know of anyone who ships cars or has anyone done this before who could offer some tips? Thanks!

Austin

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I had a new car shipped to me from Scottsdale AZ. to Mid Illinois several years ago, but it was a snap. It cost $600 then and is most likely at least double that now, but was easy. I would talk to a car dealer for contacts because some of them do that routinely. All you need is an area for them to unload the vehicle. Good luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I found an app called uShip and you tell them what you need and the truck drivers bid on it. Right now it's down to $800. Maybe I'm too optimistic but I was hoping it would be in the $500 or less range. Thanks for the car dealer idea I never thought of that but it sounds like a viable option!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I went with Uship a couple years ago and was satisfied with the shipper.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I just used uship myself a few months ago. Car was in New York going to Miami,FL. It just cost me under a $1000. I was happy with it and had the car in like 3 days.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Hello everyone, I am the new owner of a 2005 S60R and couldn't be more stoked. I'm from California and go to college in Michigan, which brings me to the point of this thread. Due to prior obligations, I will not have time to drive the caR back to Michigan (as much as I would LOVE to). Does anybody know of anyone who ships cars or has anyone done this before who could offer some tips? Thanks!

Austin
Please keep us informed on how it works for you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I'll let you guys know how it goes. Been shopping around for prices elsewhere (other than uShip) and have gotten quotes as low as $600. However, I am weary of pretty much any quote but most companies say you don't pay until they drop off the car and they are all fully insured, etc. It all seems daunting since I've never actually done this before but I hope it goes smoothly. It needs to be shipped by January 12th so if you don't hear back by then, something might not be right!

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Be extremely thorough with the condition check-off sheet and maybe wash the thing and do a full, careful photo shoot of every panel before you send it. Usually if a car runs and drives they have no problem not damaging it, but once in a while they scratch or dent it, and they will do everything they can to say "no it was like that when I got it" and it's like pulling teeth to get their insurance to pay for a repair.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Leave the car in m nice warm SoCal for the winter and drive it back over spring break....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol yeah but I want it NOW! Plus I'm excited for driving it in the snow!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts