SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to have 2 cars shipped from California to Indy. Does anyone have a recommendation for a company they have used and liked?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I need to have 2 cars shipped from California to Indy. Does anyone have a recommendation for a company they have used and liked?
I have used Intercity Lines for shipping customers cars to and from the shop for years: https://intercitylines.com
They are one of the best enclosed car shippers the industry, and their prices are competitive.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I used a broker out of Massachusetts, Fisher Shipping Company. The guy I use is Matt. Super great guy and company. It's worth the extra cost to deal with them. I have used them many times. Also they have 5 stars out of 206 reviews. In the picture on their Google map review. I took the pic of the three Black Roush Raptors on the truck. Which my black T-5R was on with them. Took the pic to late, right after they pulled off my T-5R.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Shoemaker Transport LLC
1503 14 1/2 Street Altoona, PA 16601

Phone: 814-940-0111

Receipt lists 2 Cells:
Cell for Bill: 814-934-8105
Cell for Mike: 814-935-5570

My dealer used these guys to ship the car. It was $625 for around 1500 miles on a single vehicle.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just a word of advice: Whoever you use, buy the insurance. I had a truck delivered to Arizona from Minneapolis a few years ago on an open trailer (it transferred to another rig at least once, maybe twice) and it arrived with one side scratched. After trying unsuccessfully to get the company to do the right thing, insurance covered it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
when I had my volvo shipped out last Nov from tn I used Passport transport. Price was within a few dollars of everyone else for enclosed and the car arrived spotless and on time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been using Citizenshipper sine last 2 years and they done a superb job for me.
Price was good.
Runner verified
Safely ship my car
And done it in time.

Overall nice experience with them

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just a word of advice: Whoever you use, buy the insurance. I had a truck delivered to Arizona from Minneapolis a few years ago on an open trailer (it transferred to another rig at least once, maybe twice) and it arrived with one side scratched. After trying unsuccessfully to get the company to do the right thing, insurance covered it.
Definitely get insurance, Ran into a carrier who's insurance didn't cover cars over 25 yrs old. Also the broker advertised that their insurance would cover anything the carriers insurance didn't. Flat out lies.Finally settled with the driver, but broker never lived up to their end of the final agreement Cover yourself and rest easy.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Definitely get insurance, Ran into a carrier who's insurance didn't cover cars over 25 yrs old. Also the broker advertised that their insurance would cover anything the carriers insurance didn't. Flat out lies.Finally settled with the driver, but broker never lived up to their end of the final agreement Cover yourself and rest easy.
I'm a registered auto shipping broker. We're required to have insurance, as are all carriers. So "buying the insurance" is paying for a service that is already built into the price of shipping a car. I won't say you were scammed without knowing all the details, but it doesn't sound quite right.

In 12+ years of moving cars, I have had a few customers' cars get damaged. I make sure that my carriers honor the claims properly through their insurance but never have I sold or had a carrier sell additional coverage.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I was told I had to buy extra insurance from the broker when I shipped my brother's truck. When I asked the broker about it paying for repairs, they said talk to the carrier. The carrier eventually blew me off, so I went back to the broker and demanded they use the insurance I bought though them. They eventually did. So when they wanted body shop estimates for the repairs, I went to three high end shops.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts