SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a 2000 V70R. I put my two year old's car seat in the center seat position and fastened the tethor strap anchor to the anchor point on the seat back. I noticed in doing this however that now I am unable to open the retractable cargo net that neatly folds into the top of the seatback area as the tethor strap for the carseat covers it and prevents it from being opened. Is there a way around this that anyone has discovered where you can have a carseat in the back seat with it's tethor anchor secured and still use the seatback cargo net to protect occupants from items being launched out of the cargo area?<P>Also, an unrelated question. There are four small metal hoops in the cargo area at floor level, one in each corner of the cargo area. Are these for an optional cargo net of some sort or do they serve another purpose?<P>Thanks in advance for your assistance.<P>- John

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately it won't fit through the net....I should have clarified that in my post. The problem is that the hardware on the site seat and the buckle adjustment/tightener on the tethor fastening side are too large to fit through the small net holes. I've considered making one cut in the net so that it would widen the net opening to squares in width which is enough...I was just afraid if I did that the net may start to unravel over time. It may be my only choice. I may also be able to look for a different car seat that may have a smaller tethor strap connection system.<P>Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I went through a the same problem. My safe solution was buying the cargo cage. It installs in less than 10 minutes and when not in use folds up to the ceiling. Perhaps a buyer exists for the net!<P>Good luck<P>

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip on the cage. What I did for now was change car seats and put the net all the way up and ran the belt through the a net opening (this seat has a strap which has a loop that goes over a bar which clips into the seat...I just ran the tethor belt through the hole then attached it to the seat). The car seat will not easily unclip as I would have to practically disassemble the seat itself to get back to just the strap to be able to pull it through the net opening, but for now it works. I'll look into the cage.<P>Thanks,<P>John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts