SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, something weird happened, i was driving with the R and the steering was fine, the car was not pulling to the right whatsoever and i got home. I finally parked the car and wanted to actually check if my mudflaps are rubbing my tires when wheel is fully turned right. I turned the steering wheel fully to the right and stopped when i heard a squealing sound, checked if it was rubbing and i stopped the car in that position with wheels fully turned right not thinking it was going to do anything and checked my tire threads at the same time.

When i started the car again for another ride when taking off my driveway the car was pulling to the right by a lot, what exactly caused this ? Did i mess up the allignment by turning the wheel all the way and stopping the car ?

Any help appreciated !

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, dediced to investigate and got the front wheels up with a floor jack, no play in the bearings whatsoever and everything looked good in the front end. The car got aligned this summer so i doubt it got off again after not driving that much or hitting any holes. My tires are also brand new winter sets so these arent an issue, also got balanced and resealed. One of my back tires was 4-5psi lower than the other ones, got it to the right psi. Got everything back together and at this point i was very confused with the problem, i dediced to pull the battery and reset all the ecus incase something was wrong reguarding the units.

Problem solved when i started the car, went for a ride and the car was rolling straight like it used too and the pulling disapeared, something was probably wrong in the steering settings because i shutted the car down with wheels fully turned right, i doubt the issue was the tire cause the ride was fine before parking at my house.

Confusing at most, lol.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Turning the car off with the wheels turned shouldn't cause that. I would double-check and make sure everything within the steering linkage is tight.

Since the caR's turning radius is so bad, I often park with the wheels turned all the way to get into a parking spot. Never had the caR pull to one side after.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it happens again i will check again but everything is fine now and the tierods/ball joint looked tight, it was probably an electrical issue as it completely disapeared when resetting the ecu.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts