SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a xc90 2011 w/128k miles on it. It won’t start but it cranks. I read the OBD2 codes and got P061F ( internal control module throttle actuator controller performance) and P2227 (barometric pressure circuit range / performance). I checked all engine fuses and all are good. What could this be? Anything else I should check before towing the car to the stealership? Thanks for your help!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Volvo XC90 Cranks but Won't Start

It may be Electronic Throttle Module that is the issue. They are known to fail quite often.
I just had this issue. It was the Fuel Pump. Apparently quite common in a lot of cars. To get it started the repair guy got under the car and banged the fuel tank while I cranked it. It worked!!!

After he left it wouldn't start again so I got under the car, rear drivers side (Australia RHD) and bashed the fuel tank with my hand and it started. Apparently the stator on the pump can get dicky when they are old and just not play nicely until they eventually stop all together. Take it to the mechanic on Monday to fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem in one of my customer car 2011 volvo xc90 r design car was cranking but not start I check the injectors and fuel system and coils spark plugs fuse battery and the problem was the throttle body was stuck it's has p061f code

1 - 4 of 4 Posts