SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to bring my car into Volvo dealership to get my AC fixed, so I removed my HID's from my car. After getting my car back, I went to reinstall the HID's exactly the way I had them before, and I got no power to the headlights. I double checked all the wires for the HID's and it just would not work (I use a battery harness and BOW harness). Calling it quits, I put my stock halogens back in, and the car would not start. I left the keys in position 2 I believe as the key would not come out and I could not put the car into neutral to roll it out of the driveway. After a few minutes with the hood up and key still in, I finally closed down the hood and the car turned on. The rest of the day the car worked normal. So today (previous happened yesterday) I wake up early for a hockey tournament (I was already running late) and my car would not start. I had my dad come out and take a look at it for a few minutes while I unloaded my Volvo and packed my stuff in my Mountaineer (love the V8 power!). Once again, key was stuck in ignition, left in position 2 I think it was, hood was up, and he pushed on the battery, and the car turned on. Not wanting to get stranded out of town, I let the car sit there all day and drove the Mountaineer. I just came home to check on the 40, and she barely started; she kind of "coughed" when I started her.<p><br>I found a thread on here about PROPERLY disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, but with the weather right now I will have to do that tomorrow, that is if it is something I should do....<p><br>What could it be?

·
Registered
438 Posts
I had that problem....It ended up being a loose connection on the positive terminal of the battery. I disconnected, cleaned terminals, and reconnected and has been fine since! g/l

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: (HaZed)

same problem here. After reading the last post, I decided to take the terminals off and clean them. There was a minimal amount of corrosion but after cleaning it off, the car starts perfectly!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts