SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my car back from 4th time I had to bring to the dealer in the last year to deal with hybrid system issue. Since car is black, I only rinse it off, I don't detail it. Well, dealer washed the car very well and I discovered this today
2019-05-30 09.34.02.jpg
2019-05-30 09.34.09.jpg

Looks like it is deeper than clearcoat. Warranty repair?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Since car is black, I only rinse it off, I don't detail it.
So you don't actually wash or care for the paint?

That looks like bird poop, or something similar, sat on that spot for a LONG time and worked its magic on the clearcoat. Maybe you could get it covered as a warranty claim, but seems like it would be a hard sell if you're admitting you neglected the paint for a full year.

·
3,899 Posts
Heavy waterspotting, use a dedicated water spot remover, mineral spirits or isoprophyl alcohol.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Not sure what it is but it looks like something got on your paint and was left to do some damage. You can bring it in and ask your dealership for an evaluation but they are usually not paint experts. You could bring it to a respected paint and body shop and ask them what they think? Did you buy any aftermarket paint protection, if so you may have a warranty claim with them.....its hard to imagine that its a warranty claim with Volvo but you don’t lose anything by asking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,505 Posts
I had lime leachate from a parking garage deck one time drip on my car and it looked similar to this.

·
3,899 Posts
I had lime leachate from a parking garage deck one time drip on my car and it looked similar to this.
Yup, hyper concentrated mineral deposit.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Looks like it hasn't gone down to the paint, you can probably clay bar then compound that out, but it isn't a paint defect it, looks more like something etched the clear coat , you can try some fall out remover see if it helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So you don't actually wash or care for the paint?

That looks like bird poop, or something similar, sat on that spot for a LONG time and worked its magic on the clearcoat. Maybe you could get it covered as a warranty claim, but seems like it would be a hard sell if you're admitting you neglected the paint for a full year.
I agree. Definitely looks like bird poop left on the car for too long. That **** is caustic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts