SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 V60 Cross Country
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not had a chance to bring the car in yet (the list is growing) so I thought I would see if anyone has seen this yet.

A pop up has started showing up, "The car modem was unable to connect to a network. Please input the APN received from your network operator."

I have to say I am starting to miss having an AM/FM radio with an analogue dial. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
838 Posts
What year car is this? does it have an external modem? I have a 2012 S60, and purchased an external modem from verizon. (myfi) the unit will turn off on it's own when it's not used. Once I turn it on and it re-establishes connectivity, I'm able to go online. The radio should work without the network connection.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
uh oh, network updates ahead?

·
Registered
2020 V60 Cross Country
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What year car is this? does it have an external modem? I have a 2012 S60, and purchased an external modem from verizon. (myfi) the unit will turn off on it's own when it's not used. Once I turn it on and it re-establishes connectivity, I'm able to go online. The radio should work without the network connection.
It is the internal modem on a 2015.5. Just did it again this morning so I hope something is just being updated.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
FWIIW, I noticed a few days ago that the "hidden" shortcut menu that is accessed by pushing the Internet (globe) button two or three times has changed: a new menu item labelled "Retailer Information" is now at the top of the list and "Internet Connection" has been bumped to second place, which makes it less easy to access when I need to recheck the wi-fi hotspot function, which is frequently. Neither of my cars has been in for service recently, so I would have to assume that the menu change was downloaded automatically from the cloud. I have not noticed any other changes, nor have I found any improvement in connectivity with the AT&T 3G network. If anything, there seems to be even more drop-outs and delays in syncing than before the upgrade.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
cross linking to this thread/post as it provides further evidence for a cloud push update

·
Registered
2020 V60 Cross Country
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Funny, I noticed the Retailer Information yesterday and just assumed that I had hit some combination of buttons that I had never hit before. I wonder if anything else has changed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts