SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've went to a tire shop to have my tires rotated and wheels aligned. They first aligned the wheels, then rotated the tires. Now after that, my steering becomes much less loose, BUT, its now pulling to the left (thus I have to keep turning 2-3 degrees to the right to keep the car going straight) Obviously this will be offset by driving on pavement that is slightly tilted to the right or driving slow, where the problem doesn't seem to show. So being annoyed by this I went to the Volvo dealership to have my alignment done again. And the car is pretty much the same, with pulling to the left still happening (especially if I go over 50 mph)

Is there something wrong with the tires? or the steering components?

Both the tire shop and the dealership say they don't feel anything after taking test drives, since the problem really doesn't show when you're driving on the slow lane (on slightly tilted right lane), and driving less than 50mph. What should I do?

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Go back to the deal, get one of the service reps in the car with you, and drive till he sees what you mean.

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Sounds like tire damage. One quick test is to switch the front tires with each other and you'll get a pull to the right side know. Then you know it can only be the tires. I bet the tire was damaged but on the back where a bit of pull won't be felt because those wheels don't steer. You could put the tire back on the back or get a new one.
I had the same thing happen with my 15"ers but I curbed the car avoiding a small dog that ran out in the road. I thought I messed the alignment and I too went to volvo for an alignment first and they hooked it up and said my alignment was perfect. But I still had to pay for the setup despite no alignment adjustments...
I just put the tire on the back until I get winter tires for those rims. Temporary fix even though the tire is still damaged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.