SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my 2012 XC70 T6 + Polestar exhibited a very strange behavior. I had stopped the car, placed gear lever to P and pressed the engine stop/start button, tachometer showed zero RPM and I had my music playing from my connected USB thumb drive. I opened the door expecting the music to stop but it continued. It normally stops as soon as I open the door about half way open. I was puzzled and looked at the dash console. There was a message that said the engine ignition was still engaged. Hmmm -- how come as every thing I saw indicated the engine had stopped -- even opened the hood to make sure. :p:eek:

What to do I thought. Well, I started the engine again via the stop/start button and within moments stopped it via the stop start button. I again opened the driver's door and this time the music stopped and the console was devoid of any alert message.

This was very weird to say the least.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

BTW -- there were no stored error messages to be found.

This has happened just once for me. It was so weird I thought I would post here about it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had that happen on one occasion. In my case, I was in a hurry and had not pressed the start/stop button sufficiently. I also noticed that the music continued to play after opening the door. It took me awhile to realize what had happened. I have made sure I press the button completely each time on exit and I have had no further problems.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Morning Barry,

I have a MY2013 XC70 T6 and I have had the same thing.

I thought first there might be a delay in shutting off the music, and closed the door and still heard the music playing.

I have learned you have to think of that button as the older twist ignition with a off, on and a start function.
You want to be able to quickly tap the start/stop to kill the engine, but keep other functions on (steering unlocked, electrical power on and the like).
If you press and hold it will kill the engine and turn off all those circuits.

As above, press and hold for one second and you will be fine.
You can tap for electrical power w/o starting the engine or you can tap to kill the engine but keep your circuits energized.

Hope this answers your question.

Andres

·
Registered
293 Posts
XFBVCA? Front Blind View Camera?

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts