SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the past few days I noticed my 05 S60R (63K miles) started to hesitate very intermittently when driving. Would usually happen when I was going along at 35 or higher. Would be like a momentary loss of power then would kick in again. The tach stays steady. No CELs<p>Today it started to get worse. Guess I have to take it in to get checked - but that won't likely happen for 5 days or so. <p>Anyone have any idea what the problem could be - and whether it is safe to continue to drive this (I don't want to go in limp mode / etc) until I can get a service appt<p>thanks<br>

·
Registered
260 Posts
Fuel pressure sensor?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Re: (XeOn)

Spark Plugs. Air Filter. Do both.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Re: (juve021)

This is why I hate cars. On aircraft I need to be damned sure what broke. I can't just throw a $250,000 part at the problem "Shotgun Troubleshooting". With cars they just have a list of suspected stuff. Start with the cheaper parts and work your way to the expensive ones until it is finally fixed. I guess thats the difference between being just a mechanic as compared to a Technician.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (chinaonnitrous1)

Thanks - I will check some of these out starting with the easiest before I give up and take it in to get checked

·
Registered
359 Posts
i also say plugs had this exact same thing happen to mine when i first got it it had 84k miles on it and aparently had never had teh plugs changed i change dthem and problem solved

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Re: (97GLTbrick)

My 04 has 83,000 miles and I noticed at times it hesitates a bit as well as when I accelerate hard, there is a noise (not sure if it is turbo noise) but I plan on changing my TCV, hoses, plugs to see if it resolves the issue...g/l

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Re: (Short Circuit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Short Circuit</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Spark Plugs. Air Filter. Do both.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>check your distributor cap and rotor first.<p>JK. plugs, air filter, and tcv.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Re: (mpdbrown)

i was going to say adjust the points. (that's for you grandpa!)<p>but I concur with the others. Least expensive and work your way up. Plugs AND air filter, then TCV, possibly MAF cleaning or replacement. Although, couldn't a dirty or faulty MAF throw a CEL at some point?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Re: Car hesitating - any ideas (superstein61)

I would almost garauntee its the MAF. I've had this problem (or something similar) twice now.<br>You can test the MAF by pulling the electrical plug off. If the stuttering/hesitation stops, then you need to replace the MAF.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Re: Car hesitating - any ideas (art_werks)

I had to replace my ignition coils recently, at about 90k miles, for a missing problem at high revs. I had no CELs ever, or any other warning for that matter. It had spark, but it wasn't enough, but the fact that it had spark meant that it didn't throw a code. It was probably only one that went bad, but replace all 5 if/when you do this.<p>For this problem, I replaced a TON of other stuff and it was this that solved it. Hope this helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts