SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, in case you might be wondering what could happen when the car in front of you on the freeway hits a 2.5 foot long piece of re-bar....:

WTF?!

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Could be worse, Could of gone right through the drivers side windshield.

·
Registered
2005 S60R, 2021 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD
1,416 Posts
wow that is wild! must say that you are lucky nothing worse happened and it didnt go thru the windshield.

Sorry to hear about this

edit: should have refreshed before commenting

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Better question is how did this happen?

Kicked up?
Fell off a truck?
Right hand of god?

·
6,436 Posts
Wow I say you were very lucky
Good luck with the fix...I hope the airbag did not deploy but I bet you it must have been some noise

Time for winglets!

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could have been worse for sure! No damage to the hood and it just kissed the headlamp, no cracks in the glass and it seems to work, including the wiper. A VW bug hit it, I saw it come off the RR tire and I heard a thud. I wasn't going very fast, at the time - maybe 40MPH? I didn't know it was a piece of re-bar and what the extent of the damage was until I got home and looked at, you can't even see the bar from inside the cabin. FMIC inlet pipe looks alright, fog-light still works, lost the grille though. Looks like I'll need at least a new bumper cover, bumper trim, and fog light grille. We'll see what the estimator has to say.

·
Registered
122 Posts
\ I didn't know it was a piece of re-bar and what the extent of the damage was until I got home and looked at, you can't even see the bar from inside the cabin.
Wow. So you knew you had impact and so you walk around to the front of your car to see if you had a dent or a scratch and you saw THAT!? I think I would have fouled my jeans.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Jesus Bob, having final destination flash backs.... F uck me.... Sorry this happened to your baby, good luck with the repairs

Russ

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Wow, that's amazingly good luck that it missed anything vital/expensive (other than the bumper cover of course). You should submit it to Jalopnik

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
That's just amazing. It could of been so much worse for you or the person behind you. Any stains on the seat?
Can you imagine drivers who saw you on the rest of your commute?

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's just amazing. It could of been so much worse for you or the person behind you. Any stains on the seat?
Can you imagine drivers who saw you on the rest of your commute?
I just thought everyone was looking at me because they realized I drove a cool car. Had that hit my windshield there definitely would have been a wardrobe malfunction.

Here's a top view, just because:

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
You really lucked out in damages.

Maybe you should keep it there for a while and just tell the kids you're taking body piercing to a whole new level.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
damn, thats crazy, glad the damage wasn't worse.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts